Travel to Florida- which would be the best?

cards10

I will be traveling to Fort Lauderdale in Dec for a cruise on the Freedom- I will be traveling from Alabama which route would be the best?

Florida Turnpike- seems to have fewer miles, TOLLS to pay, not much to look at when driving.

I-95 South- I have never went this way, any ideas if it is worth the extra 20 miles to use this route?

Thanks

Sorry you got snarked at - I see you are new to the board. Lots of questions get asked frequently, so it does pay to search back a page or 2 if it is a common question. Your travel route really depends on your preference.

I travel the state daily on business, and frankly I prefer the TPK if that is an option for where I am heading. Yes there are tolls, but the traffic is less hectic. Rest stops every 45 minutes, less semi trailer trucks.

As far as nothing to look at on the drive, you are correct, the entire state is pretty flat - Turnpike or I 95. No tolls on I 95

I- 95 would offer more oppotunitues to get off at different exits, if that is a concern.

Once you get to South Florida, either on the TPK or I-95, take I 595 east (well marked) and it drops you right at the port.

I will be traveling to Fort Lauderdale in Dec for a cruise on the Freedom- I will be traveling from Alabama which route would be the best?

Florida Turnpike- seems to have fewer miles, TOLLS to pay, not much to look at when driving.

I-95 South- I have never went this way, any ideas if it is worth the extra 20 miles to use this route?

Thanks

I'd take I-75 into floridas turnpike and then switch to I-95 in Jupiter at exit 116.

Archived