? for those just off Summit

The Admiral

I emailed CClub a while back and to this day they cannot tell me what was done to the Summit in terms of refurbishment of public areas at drydock.

Beats me why they just couldn't email anyone on the ship and ask...but specifically for those of you who recently got off the Summit can you setlle some questions for me?:

1.) I know they removed notes from decks 6 & 7. I heard through the rumor mill its now an acupuncture facility? Are both decks acupuncture if not what did they do on each deck.

2.) Have they kept Words on both decks 8 & 9?

3.) Did notes get relocated to say "The Tower" on the Sunrise deck? Thats where notes is located in the Infinity. It was just an empty teen space on Summit when I sailed her and think that would have been a good compromise for cruisers like me that do not want to see notes go.

4.) How are the rooms and public areas? do they look worn?, any word on whether they replaced carpets etc..while you were on board?

Thanks, I always like finding this stuff out, especially if I'm sailing the ship and find it odd that X did not issue a press release on this. Usually they and RCI issue a release with minute details on what happenned in drydock down to what carpets, public areas etc...were refurbished and what exactly was done to them. :-)

On deck 6 there is a new computer lab where notes was, and on deck 7 the acupuncture place is there.

The carpets in various central areas seem to be replaced, as well as some in the stairwells.

I did not notice that any of the upholstered chairs were replaced.

The Bar at the Edge is now open and running. (we had a tour of the finished product, as we were on the 2-18 voyage)

Words is still on 8 and 9.

As far as I know, notes will not be replaced, as this is what I overheard the words attendant telling someone.

The ship is in great shape, have a good cruise.

Grace

On deck 6 there is a new computer lab where notes was, and on deck 7 the acupuncture place is there.

The carpets in various central areas seem to be replaced, as well as some in the stairwells.

I did not notice that any of the upholstered chairs were replaced.

The Bar at the Edge is now open and running. (we had a tour of the finished product, as we were on the 2-18 voyage)

Words is still on 8 and 9.

As far as I know, notes will not be replaced, as this is what I overheard the words attendant telling someone.

The ship is in great shape, have a good cruise.

Grace

thanks for the info. I just wish if they were eliminating Notes altogether that they would have had some small new innovative entertainment area to make up for it. It just frustrates me there's one less entertainment venue in these already limited Millenium Class ships...

thanks for the info. I just wish if they were eliminating Notes altogether that they would have had some small new innovative entertainment area to make up for it. It just frustrates me there's one less entertainment venue in these already limited Millenium Class ships...

Here's my ideas, Admiral. Turn the conservatories into an entertainment venue with small dance floor. Maybe two levels as it is in a tower like area. Break up the observation lounge into 2 distinct venues and soundproof it so 2 distinct styles of music can be played. Redo Michael's to look more like a lounge than a posh living room in a mansion, and place a dance floor in it and perhaps open it up. When it isn't a piano bar small combos can play in it. The M-ships really could benefit from more entertainment venues for those of us looking for them, while maintaining the spaciousness that many users like about them.

Also on one of the most recent itineraries the beginning of March I believe, one person who was on that cruise mentioned cardboard boxes outside each stateroom one day while in port and that the stewards were putting the "old bedspreads etc. in them and putting on new ones in its place! I think the decorative pillows too.

Pooh

Archived