NCL Military

I'm wondering if anyone here can help us with information. We booked our NCL October vacation in January and my travel companion is in the military. We just found out last week that they do select cruise discount for military but they aren't willing to help with questions on the program. I've tried customer relations and reservations and no one is ever to answer and to help us. We are 3 months out and I am out of places to turn to get an answer. Any recommendations?

Thanks so much!

I'm wondering if anyone here can help us with information. We booked our NCL October vacation in January and my travel companion is in the military. We just found out last week that they do select cruise discount for military but they aren't willing to help with questions on the program. I've tried customer relations and reservations and no one is ever to answer and to help us. We are 3 months out and I am out of places to turn to get an answer. Any recommendations?

Thanks so much!

We also booked our October cruise in January, in fact 1/11/11. There was no military discounts being offered at that time. We ended up using the AARP discount instead. I highly doubt will be be able to get the military discount for your cruise.

If you tell me exactly which week, ship and cabin category you booked, I know a website I can check to see if there is any military discount available for that sailing. (Sorry I'm not allowed to mention the website so you can check yourself due to CC rules.) Did you book directly with NCL?

DUH!!!! Do a mock booking of your reservation on the NCL website and put PGMIL into the "Promotion Code" box on the Guest Information page of the booking process. (Page where you say how any cruisers and their ages......

Thanks so much!

Did you book through NCL or a TA? Go to the person you booked with to get the answer. If you booked through a TA, call NCL and ask, as if you were inquiring about the cruise for the first time, if there is a military discount on the sailing you already have booked. DO NOT tell them you are already booked. When they give you the answer, tell them you are just doing research for a cruise and will get back with them. This way you will know if your TA is being open and honest with you.

The thread that bakerintn gave is the best place to look there is a list of all cruises and the amount of discount. You might not be getting it now because it is so close to sailing, there are caveats on how far out you must request the rate.

My DH and I are both veterans and always use the discount, but we usually book at least a year out, to get the big discount, they shrink as you get closer until they disappear (I think 6 months out, so all 2011 would not be eligible for a discount now.). That might be the problem. We sailed in June 11, made our res in March 10 and got the 10% on our mini-suite, then upgraded to a penthouse and still got the 10%. So it is not gone, it's just depends on when you book the discount.

Hope this helps.

Unless it has changed there are no military discounts for calendar year 2011. I was lucky enough to find out when I recently booked another Epic cruise that there is military discounts being given in 2012.

That depends on the specific cruise/itinerary. I'm on the Pearl in Sept 2011 and I was able to get a Military Discount.

I booked the Pearl for 11/20/2011 this past Jan. & no disc. was available, I was able to bring up the NCL list & didn`t see any for 2011 but a lot for 2012. The OBC o Princess for vets is for every sailing.

Archived