Please help with Norweigen Gem stateroom question

cg1644

Me and my fiance will be taking a cruise for our honeymoon on May 2012. We are going on the Norweigen Gem. We are not sure what cabin to choose because this is our very first cruise and we are terrified of motion sickness. He wants to stick to the middle of the boat and get a mini suite balcony stateroom but I think its too small and want to go for something more extravagant for our honeymoon! I was thinking either the penthouse balcony aft or the courtyard Villa. The courtyard Villa is mid ship BUT its deck 14 so I hear the higher up the more it rocks. The penthouse balcony is a lower deck BUT its in the back of the boat and not mid ship. I am so confused on which room to pick. Can anyone give me some advice? Thanks so much!!

Midships is best for less motion. The size of the cabin.....as long as you have room to walk about, you're good. You'll find you won't spend that much time in there...and a mini-suite will be fine.

If you insist on something "more luxurious"....cancel the cruise and book a fancy-ass hotel....you'll get more "bang for your buck"...even the best cabin on the ship still gets the same food/entertainment/pools, etc....as those in the cheapest cabins.

Save your money for future endeavors!

For Sea Sickness, midship is best. I agree with cb, you wont be in your cabin much anyway. Save your money and use it on the adventures in port.

Make sure you pack your own sea sick meds or braclet as they can get costly on the ship. However, most people who think they will get sea sick, infact dont.

Congrats on your pending wedding and honeymoon

• 3 weeks later...

You eat, that will get u rocking,,, most dining rooms are in the back lower parts of the ship, u feel it there, u feel it rocking during a show, BUT only if it's a bit breezy out side, or stormy.

get some sea sick pills, take them at bed time, good for 24 hours... get a AFT penthouse and have one heck of a good time! ROOM service there,with anything their serving in the dining room, cause most of the time u probaby won't be leaving your room....LOL

• 5 months later...

Do you actually get motion sickness? If you have experienced it before then try to stay midship. If you have never experienced it you probably will be fine.

If you want special treatment go with the 14th floor suite you can get food delivered from Cagny's for a quite dinner in the cabin, but once you experience a real suite it's hard to do a mini (mini does not have the same perks).

Archived