CarminaLimo vs. CarmelLimo

judatt

Greetings everyone. Just want to throw out a caution to others so you might benefit from our experience. Based on a couple of threads in this section of the board I went to 3 web sites to check prices for a car service from our hotel in midtown Manhattan to Cape Liberty. Carmina was somewhat higher than Carmel so I booked with Carmel. I also checked with Dial 7.

The car was to pick us up at 10 AM Sunday morning. On Saturday night we got a call - I thought confirming our car for the next morning. Actually, it was from Carmina - they know who makes inquiries on their website and they asked if I wanted to confirm the car for the following morning. Thinking it was Carmel who I had booked with I said yes.

About 9:15 the next morning I got a call saying he was there and ready to leave. I told him that we didn't want to leave until 10 - if we got to the port before 1030 we probably couldn't board. He said ok but called back about 9:40 and then again at 9:50. We went down, got in the car an left. At 10:05 we got another call from Carmel and wanted to know where we were. I told them we were in the car and they said no the driver was waiting on us.

It turned out ok - I told Carmel we were on our way and they said fine. I really believe that Carmina "hijacked" our booking. All the people we talked with sounded the same - thick accents and we had booked a car so didn't distinguish the difference in names. The driver accepted the price we had agreed to with Carmel.

Just a caution to be very careful when talking with the car companies.

Archived