My first time....

atlanta_living

I just booked my first Solo cruise and am so excited!!:D This will be my 2nd cruise. My husband and I cruised up the Inner Passage of Alaska in June on the Golden Princess and magic happened! I fell in love with cruising!

I couldn't wait to book my next cruise and started looking almost immediately upon our return from Alaska. But hubby wasn't as gung-ho about cruising and didn't want to go again so soon.

I think I got an excellent price $507 ES for Porthole Stateroom R12 as a solo on the 5 day Bahamas out of Jax on 12/10/11. I have been checking cruises for a while - watched the prices fluctuate & the porthole rooms slowly get snatched up. I really wanted a Porthole so I went ahead and booked the room I wanted so it didn't get away.

I have asked a couple of friends to go with me, but as it looks right now I will be SOLO since nobody wants to commit. If either of my friends decide to come, and split expenses, all the better.

I will be celebrating my "50th" birthday on Dec. 6th, so this is my gift to myself!! I deserve it!

I enjoyed reading all your posts and got some valuable tips from you guys. We have booked a family cruise for Sept. 2012 and will take our 2 middle school aged kids.

~Helen~

Atlanta Living, Congratulations on booking your first solo. That should be a nice trip for you. Yes that first cruise hooks a lot of us and we can't wait for our next trip. I have done over a dozen trips solo and have enjoyed everyone of them. Happy sailing.

Archived