Question about CCL Relax On The Beach Package

firestix

Looking for feedback from cruisers who have purchased this package. This seems like a good deal. Does the price cover 2 adults? And what is the snorkeling like from this beach? (My wife and I plan on bringing our own snorkeling gear) Or maybe there are nearby areas that offer good snorkeling without purchasing an excrusion.

TIA!

If I'm recalling the correct excursion, it's just a package of amenities at the beach in Mahogany Bay. I think you get to use the chair lift and get a clam shell lounger and maybe use of a float or kayak. Most Carnival Excursions are priced per passenger.

You can walk to the beach in about the same amount of time ti takes to use the chair lift. You can separately purchase use of a clam shell lounger and kayak. MB is NOT a good snorkel beach! yes some cruisers do snorkel out near the small pier by the ocean, but for the most part, the bottom of the cove is silty and gets churned up too much by ships to attract fish and wild life. If you're not wanting to snorkel and just want to relax on the beach for a couple of hours, you can do this at no charge. You will have to pay for any drinks/food or extras you order, but then that might be cheaper all around than the excursion.

A better excurison, if you want to use the ship excursions is the one to Tabayana Beach or the one to Maya Key. For the DIYers, you can go outside the port area, over the "hill" and catch a taxi to West Bay on your own. Or contact one of the resorts there, like Bananarama, that offer packages which include transportation and use of their facilities.

If you are really avid snorkelers you do not want to miss the West Bay Beach area.

Do some research as there are eateries and places to relax as well as world class snorkeling...which isn't at Mahogany Bay.

Archived