trying to figure it all out . . .

j cruiser

credit card coverage is usually extremely limited. Call your credit card company and ask though. Also have their website up and when they answer your question have them guide you to the specifics of what they are telling you.

Medical coverage? MY Opinion Only

Yes and no. After reading these boards, hearing horror stories, and listening to fellow posters like Cruiseco and Sirwire, I have made the decision to get additional travel insurance even if I'm just driving a couple of States away.

Why? My medical insurance will cover most all emergencies.

What don't they cover? If I'm in an accident, my life is saved, but I'm in a coma,,,, transportation back home is on my dime. (assuming my wife wants me close and to care for me :D )

My BIL recently lost his life in a cross country motorcycle accident. His wife had to fly out to claim his body and she had to pay out of pocket expenses to return his body back home. Travel insurance would have covered this.

If these 2 possible scenarios only cost a couple of hundred bucks, then I'd choose to self insure, however, we're talking thousands which I am not prepared to absorb.

If I were in your situation, I wouldn't worry about it. And since your cruise is only 3 weeks away, and you have made final payment, I don't know that you can get insurnace to cover the trip costs.

You have said that you don't need to worry about medical coverage. Did you check that you are covered when out of the country? You will be in America for the most part, but not when you are on the ship, or in Vancouver.

If you have a flight, hopefully that is scheduled a least a day before departure. That is some of the best insurance you can get.

Archived