EWR hotel needed

Hi,

We arrive at EWR on Monday Aug 22 about 11pm on our way home from an Alaska cruise. We need a hotel to catch a few hours' sleep as our flight to Halifax is the next morning at 9am. (No time to enjoy the hotel or area on this trip. We've been to NY before and will visit again, another time.)

We'd like a 24-hour shuttle and a quick included breakfast would be nice.

The Springhill Suites by Marriott seems to fit this bill and has very good reviews on Priceline, regular price $109 + tax so acceptable. I don't want to bid on Priceline this time as the hotel might not meet our criteria and we just need a place to crash (no pun intended), and quickly.

Someone on this board said they didn't have a good experience at this hotel but the reviews are good. Will this be OK, or should we be picking a different hotel?

The 3* hotel on Hotwire for 8/22 is likely to be the Sheraton (only 3* Hotwire Newark Airport hotel with a pool). This is a full service hotel with folks coming and going at all hours. No free breakfast but it's $72 + tax. I've stayed there and it should be fine for your purposes.

Springhill Suites should be fine as well. They will give you breakfast but they have no restaurant.

• 2 weeks later...

The Springhill Suites is fine for one night to crash....you won't have any food options except whatever is in the mini-market in the hotel until breakfast in the AM....i've stayed there a couple times...not my favorite place due to the aforementioned lack of a restaurant, but fine for laying your head

I stayed at the Newark Airport Spring Hill Suites a few months ago. It wasn't very clean, it was incredibly noisy with people coming and going, slamming doors all night. The mattress had some mystery stain on it, the carpet was filthy. The breakfast area was so crowded that there were no tables, and most of the food was gone and not being restocked, I left and went to Starbucks. I won't go back.

I stayed at the Newark Airport Spring Hill Suites a few months ago. It wasn't very clean, it was incredibly noisy with people coming and going, slamming doors all night. The mattress had some mystery stain on it, the carpet was filthy. The breakfast area was so crowded that there were no tables, and most of the food was gone and not being restocked, I left and went to Starbucks. I won't go back.

OK...i will have to check it out....thanks for that report.....wonder if they got a new manager or something......Hmmmm...:confused::mad:

Archived