Bringing candy on Board

Harbie

I brought Hershey Minatures Candy on board in our checked luggage on the Carnival Splendor last time and just put them in the refrigerator but can you bring it on in your carry on if it isnt open?

I cant remember...and I know there is a ton of food and sweets when you cruise but sometimes they are nice to have in the room too.

I brought Hershey Minatures Candy on board in our checked luggage on the Carnival Splendor last time and just put them in the refrigerator but can you bring it on in your carry on if it isnt open?

I cant remember...and I know there is a ton of food and sweets when you cruise but sometimes they are nice to have in the room too.

Yes, you can bring on snacks (checked or carry on) with no problems. We always bring a can of Pringles. $1 at home versus $5 on ship.

And it doesn't have to be prepackaged stuff either. I usually travel with a ziplock baggie full of homemade trail mix. I don't take it off the ship when in the ports but it's always in my cabin or even a little baggie with me if I'm up on the Lido.

you could bring all your meals on board if you wanted. You just can't take food off the ship.

We always bring a couple of bags of miniatures for our cabin stewards. We place them in a small bowl next to a sign that lets them know it's just for them. If they come in and introduce themselves, I make it a point to let them know the candy is just for them, and we refill it thoughout the cruise as necessary.

The stewards really seem to appreciate it, and the smile that lights up their face when we let them know it is exclusively for them (well, *we* will take a piece or two) is definitely worth it.

We always bring a couple of bags of miniatures for our cabin stewards. We place them in a small bowl next to a sign that lets them know it's just for them.

you leave candy for the guys that have thousands of boxes to put on each and every pillow?

cruel!

On our last cruise we sailed out of Baltimore. We spent the day before the cruise in Hersey PA so between 4 of us we had nearly $100 of chocolate in our carry-ons (Mostly gifts for the people we left at home) and no one said a word. I am also happy to say the chocolate survived the heat and humidity and was still in great condition when we got home.

We always bring a couple of bags of miniatures for our cabin stewards. We place them in a small bowl next to a sign that lets them know it's just for them. If they come in and introduce themselves, I make it a point to let them know the candy is just for them, and we refill it thoughout the cruise as necessary.

The stewards really seem to appreciate it, and the smile that lights up their face when we let them know it is exclusively for them (well, *we* will take a piece or two) is definitely worth it.

Wow! I LOVE this idea! Thanks for sharing!!! :D

We always take a few extra candy bars for our room steward. All of them seen to really appreciate this. On our last cruise we saw our steward in the hall one day and handed him a candy bar. He thanked us and ran to hide it somewhere at his station. He told me if he doesn't hide them someone will take it!

We always take a few extra candy bars for our room steward. All of them seen to really appreciate this. On our last cruise we saw our steward in the hall one day and handed him a candy bar. He thanked us and ran to hide it somewhere at his station. He told me if he doesn't hide them someone will take it!

not a flame--just really curious question--

do you think that a crew member will make a face and say ohhhh no not choc again??? of course they are gonna seem appreciative-

(i do know they appreciate stuff they can not get on the ship- ever price a cadbury bar??

We take double bubble bubble gum.

We've brought a few candies and snacks on board with us. Altoids gum that's no longer available (sigh), Smoked Almonds, Dried Fruit, Sesame Stix. But mostly, these were just snacks to nosh on while we drove to our home port.

I bought a can of Pringles on board one cruise. I remember thinking, I can buy this can of Pringles, or have a Bloody Mary in the morning. The money is nearly the same! Lucky for me, I had plenty of bank for Bloody Marys! :D

do you think that a crew member will make a face and say ohhhh no not choc again??? of course they are gonna seem appreciative-

(i do know they appreciate stuff they can not get on the ship- ever price a cadbury bar??

Yes, I agree the stewards are not going to turn down anything you give them but-they really do seem to love the candy bars. You can usually tell if they are just "kissing up" to you for a nice tip at the end of the cruise.

Since we usually, but not this year, take spring break cruises (we have a DS in school and that's when we cruise) we have always brought small chocoate bunnies for our wait staff and room attendants and I know they love it. Any time you treat someone kindly it is appreciated. Anyway, that has been my experience.:D

That's a valid question. From what I've seen, at least on the Conquest, the chocolate mints given by Carnival tend to be, well, let's just say "mature." DW would say "old and chalky" most of the time.

We buy bags of assorted miniatures, and it's fun to see how certain flavors are picked more than others. One steward had a fondness for the Reese's peanut butter cups so we made sure to refresh those more often.

Since we generally cruise a little after Halloween, we take advantage of the better selections of candy and stock up then.

I've had one of our room stewards stop us in the passageway and say how much they like the candy we leave them. "Oh, you make us SO spoiled!"

Is it possible to bring home made cookies on board? One of my sons has some allergies and would love some cookies to snack on but I'm not quite sure how to bring them on board. I'll bring some almonds and Pringles for myself of course! And probably some candy too....:)

Is it possible to bring home made cookies on board? One of my sons has some allergies and would love some cookies to snack on but I'm not quite sure how to bring them on board. I'll bring some almonds and Pringles for myself of course! And probably some candy too....:)

You can bring food on ,so bring cookies if you want.

Archived