Hull balcony

hmh60

Booked a hull balcony on deck 6 on the QM2 next April. I thought it might be a good location as it is midship. However, I recently read a post that I should avoid deck 6 as it is below the promenade deck and public areas. Could someone help me out here as this is my first voyage on the QM2? Should I go a deck lower?

Booked a hull balcony on deck 6 on the QM2 next April. I thought it might be a good location as it is midship. However, I recently read a post that I should avoid deck 6 as it is below the promenade deck and public areas. Could someone help me out here as this is my first voyage on the QM2? Should I go a deck lower?

We had no prolems with deck 6 aft. Found it a very convenient level

I've not stayed on 6 deck but you are absolutely right - a hull balcony on 6 is below the promenade 7 deck. Jogging however is restricted for this reason - I don't remember the exact hours but before about 8AM and after 9PM it's not allowed so that the pounding does not disturb sleeping guests. Unless you have unusual waking hours or your sleep is easily disturbed you should be fine.

Deck 5 would be preferable but only a few ardent joggers break the 8am to 8pm running curfew, It is an issue during the day when the manic hordes are seen charging round the deck. If you are not in your cabin at that time, it shouldn't pose a problem.

Archived