Something good to say

jrmuk

Hi everyone,

I thought it time to add something good to this forum.

I recently had to change my cruise due to some late work commitment changes. Because of the change I had to re organise everything from my referral and stockholder credits to our bar selections and spa treatments my better half had pre-booked.

Throughout all of this the club (Kristin) was super efficient and super quick in handling all of my emails, in the past I had some poor dealings with Miami but cannot speak highly enough of the new club team in Seattle.

Another thing is some people have have complained about having to prepay for onboard services but I was informed, in writing, that once onboard you can change the payment to use the your board credit and have a refund of the pre-payment made to your credit card, it's not a perfect solution but if you really want to be certain of something it''s good to know your on board credit won't be wasted because you pre-paid for things.

Seabourn may be cutting back in some areas if other posts are correct but the guest services, in my humble opinion and experience, is now like it should have been to start with.

And another thing, with just weeks to go the level of excitement is rising, that says everything to me as this is my third Seabourn cruise in less than a year and I still can't wait to get back aboard!

:):):):):):) (that is six smileys, the maximum permitted)

Hi Chairsin - no it isn't Norway, we are bound for the Adriatic and Dalmatian coast, 2 weeks aboard the Spirit and we can't wait to try one of the smaller ships after two fabulous cruises aboard the Odyssey.

I appreciate that people have various reasons to come to this forum and some, very justifiably have complaints against Seabourn but every now and then we get bogged down with a few depressing posts one after another, and today I was feeling really good about our upcoming cruise then started to read the most recent posts and realised they were quite negative. Most of the serial posters on this forum are Seabourn admirers and often the good experiences are masked by the niggly things we want to get off our chests so I thought I'd mention my good experiences with the new guest services in Seattle.

Anyway its time to go out on the razzle so must dash, ttfn.:D

[JRMUK

We just took the cruise you are taking! It is heavenly! They DO call you by name. Chef Rajshahi food is incredible! And the ports are fabulous. Be sure to take a tour of korcula walled city! It is the most interesting!

Hi! Did you do the Gems of the Adriatic? We are doing this in late September so could you tell us what you did in each port and what not to miss?

We already have the wine tour booked for Korcula but hope we have some spare time afterwards to wander in Korcula. Did you meet anyone who did the wine tour? I'd like to know if it's really worth doing as it's quite expensive!

Thanks for any info.

Margaret

Hi

The only tour we actually did was the Korcula tour and it was fantastic. The town is built in a different way than any of the other medieval towns.

Our friends who did several wine tours pointed out that the Soviets were in control for many years and these are not wine tours like Burgundy. They enjoyed themselves and really liked the Croatians they met. They enjoyed local treats and the tastes of the wine. They didn't do the Korcula tour as they were with us on the town walking tour!

Remember you can always cancel a tour once you are on board. It does have to be 48 hours in advance.

To paraphrase a sage, 'to complain about Seabourn is to complain about life.'

There isn't a better cruising experience in my opinion. I envy all of you booked for an upcoming cruise! Hope to join you soon.

• 5 weeks later...

We have had nothing but helpful and prompt responses from all customer service concerns and emails.....curteous, friendly and prompt. Why do people always complain over minutae? (is that spelled correctly?). Attitude is everything.

I can't spell it either, but the little details, when incorrect, are problematic, even when dispensed with a good attitude. I have had disappointing interactions with CSRs the few times I have called. Kristen, OTOH, was most helpful. I do assume, however, this will all improve over time. It's just a matter of how long my patience lasts. The answer is a good TA!i

That being said, I adore the service and friendliness of the crew and staff. Never had a disappointment from them. I have told this story before, but one evening, after a long day tour, I decided to order dinner in. I have it served all at once because the idea of inconveniencing the room service staff for me is not right. OK, so I ordered the prime rib, onion rings, Bearnaise sauce, and lots of breadsticks. And I was very thirsty and ordered TWO iced teas. Somehow, the staff thought I meant two of everything because I might be 'entertaining'. So they arrived laden with food and accoutrements enough for an army. So sweet! I kept the extra onion rings, and they took care of the overstock. So kind.

Have done the "Seabourn Spirit" Gems of the Adriatic 22 July - 29 july 2011

I expected that Seabourn would anyway be good. Well it was very far above my expectations.

- wellcome on board... perfect

- friendlyness of cabin staff. Top!!! Our stewardess did she could to make our stay perfect

- would said they did not serve Champaign anymore. You could have all you want and on the wellcome you had the choise for Champaign or Prosecco

- food and service , well what could you have better?

- confort, service everywhere to Seabourn standards

- empty you wine is difficult... they serve you before you have this possibility!! ... and friendlyness of the staff!

Ports of course Venise, Ravenna, Korcula, Kotor, Sibenik, Optija are very nice. (Was already before on Windstar in some of them)

The "minus" port was Triluke bay. But ok a few hours resting on deck is also ok. Triluke Bay is only interesting for watersport amateurs. Note that several people were disappointed that swimming in sea is not allowed apparently except in a small clode area ( Contrary to Windstar were you are free)

But overall perfect cruise. (Yes makes it difficult to try others of course!)

Archived