Conquest class aft wraps

Jenbo57

Hello!

Is there an advantage to one deck over the other on these ships? Looking to book the Glory; all of the aft wraps are open and I can't decide on a deck! Not concerned with the size of the cabin; we'll be on the balcony the entire time! ;)

Thanks for your thoughts!

Jen

We just had a deck 8 aft wrap on Glory. That balcony is larger than the deck 6 or 7 aft wraps, although they're all good-sized balconies - but deck 8 has balcony space aft, on the angle, and on the side. The side portion of the balcony is covered (nice when the weather isn't quite as good. The only down sides to deck 8 is that (1) some people hear chairs being dragged on deck 9 above (you're under the aft pool area) and (2) some people have found trash on their balcony from people up on deck 10. We personally did not have problems with either on this last cruise, and I loved being just one deck down from the Lido deck.

The deck 7 aft wraps have the advantage of having cabins both above and below - they're relatively quiet. Deck 6 has the disadvantage of being right above the Ebony Lounge - depending on what show is going on there, it could be noisy at night. On our cruise they used the Ebony Lounge for the comedy club, so I'm not sure there was a lot of noise.

We had an aft wrap on deck 6 on the Conquest last November. We absolutely loved the room. There is plenty of open space in the room to move around. The balcony is huge, you get an aft view, angle and side view as well. The side view isn't that big, but the aft and angle make up for it.

If you want to see pictures go to cruise line rooms dot com. Click on the Conquest and than look for cabin number 6452 and you can see the pictures I took of our cabin.

Another thing about the aft wraps on deck 6, you have a little foyer that you go through to get to your cabin, therefore, you don't hear the hallway noise. We could barely hear any noise coming from the lounge below (they were doing karoke), but when our head hit the pillows we were out within minutes. The ship just rocked us gently to sleep each night.

We are going on the Triumph in September and have booked another aft wrap on deck 6 port side again because we loved this room so much.

Hello!

Is there an advantage to one deck over the other on these ships? Looking to book the Glory; all of the aft wraps are open and I can't decide on a deck! Not concerned with the size of the cabin; we'll be on the balcony the entire time! ;)

Thanks for your thoughts!

Jen

Our favorite stateroom on the Conquest is 6483. There is a little noise coming from the aft lounge, but very little since it is used for the comedy shows :)

Archived