Price reductions for Solo Cruisers?

atlanta_living

I am booked as a first-time solo cruiser on the Carnival Fascination 12/10//11 for a 5 day to the Bahamas. I snagged one of the PT rooms (R12) for $458.00, which calculates at 200% because I am solo. The price for 2 in my room would be $229pp.

What are the chances that my situation will ever see a price reduction before the cruise sails? This is my 2nd cruise ever so I don't really know how the process works and just wondered if it was worth my time to check the prices daily now, closer to sail date or not even bother? I read that if I ever see a price reduction my TA would have to submit the form for me.

Any advise from veteran cruisers is most welcome.

Thanks,

Helen :)

I am booked as a first-time solo cruiser on the Carnival Fascination 12/10//11 for a 5 day to the Bahamas. I snagged one of the PT rooms (R12) for $458.00, which calculates at 200% because I am solo. The price for 2 in my room would be $229pp.

What are the chances that my situation will ever see a price reduction before the cruise sails? This is my 2nd cruise ever so I don't really know how the process works and just wondered if it was worth my time to check the prices daily now, closer to sail date or not even bother? I read that if I ever see a price reduction my TA would have to submit the form for me.

Any advise from veteran cruisers is most welcome.

Thanks,

Helen :)

Most fare reductions are after final payment date and restricted to new bookings only. $458 is a good price for a five day cruise.

If you do see an unrestricted price drop, you will have to work through your TA. He/she doesn't have to submit a form. A phone call will do.

If you booked Early Saver you can get your price adjusted until 2 days before sailing. Your TA will have to submit a form.

If not, you have until final payment to get a reduction.

I always check pricing, its also good when you have an active roll call, because you have more eyes watching the price :)

Good Luck

I just checked the price of my cruise and it's gone down $40.00 today so I immediately emailed my TA to ask her to do whatever she needs to do to get me that reduction. I know it's not much but heck it will cover most of my gratuities so I want it! :rolleyes:

Thanks for the replies.

I just checked the price of my cruise and it's gone down $40.00 today so I immediately emailed my TA to ask her to do whatever she needs to do to get me that reduction. I know it's not much but heck it will cover most of my gratuities so I want it! :rolleyes:

Thanks for the replies.

It does feel great t get those adjustments. Keep checking the rate might drop again before the sail date.

Archived