Help! Atlantica - Mar 27 - Western Caribbean

DonnaLynn

We got a GREAT last minute deal on a balcony cabin departing this Sunday, March 27 - Easter.... but we booked at a discount online site & they can't help with much info. It is too late for Costa to mail the regular passenger packet (we have to pick it up at the dock)... we're even too late to be able to sign in on MyCosta...

-What is the official "arrive at the dock time and get in line" time?

(Do you think it would helf for us to arrive even earlier???)

-Actual planned departure time?

-Any info/advise on parking? shuttle from parking to dock?

-Name or phone # for anyone at Costa that might help?

-Do balcony grade 10 cabins have a fridge? a tub?

-Is there a coin laundry onboard?

-Any forms to be filled out in advance?

-Any other info we really need BEFORE arriving at the dock?

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Donna

Donna-we were on the Atlantica last month so I'll try to answer as much as possible. We arrived around 1:30 pm and basically walked on with no wait. There were lots of people already on, so it appeared that they had been boarding for a while. If I remember correctly, the planned departure time was later than most--7 or 8pm. Parking is available at the pier for 12.00 per day, paid at the end of the cruise by cash or charge. There is a park and drive place near the airport that has rates of 7.00 per day and a shuttle to the pier. One interesting note--we returned to a different pier than the one we departed from. No big deal, just seemed strange. Your cabin will have a fridge, but no tub. No coin laundry. I think the forms you need to fill out are in your packet at the pier. We had a great time, just relax and let the small things slide!

Beth

Donna,

We were on the Atlantica last month and showed up at the pier at 11:30 and were able to walk on after check-in. Costa has lunch ready for you!

We aren't sure where you live, but many hotels in the area permit free parking for your car during your cruise as long as you spend ONE night with them. The hotels all have free shuttles to the port.

We were a grade 7 stateroom. It had a mini-bar (fridge). I am sure all staterooms with verandahs have a mini-fridge (but please don't hold me to it!!)

There is no self operated laundry on board.

Yes, there are forms to completed before you get to the port - they will be included in your travel documents you receive from Costa.

Hard to say what you NEED to know since we aren't sure what you already know :) There are some good threads on this board offering hints on what some people like to pack. A MUST have in our books is a "power bar" extension cord since there is only 2 outlets available and we have a lot of things to recharge.

Wish we were on board with you!! ENJOY!

Thanks for the info, Allen - especially the tip on the oulets! We have never cruised at all so the last minute booking has left us scrambling for information...

Do you remember the names of the hotels that allowed you to stay and park?

Do you remember the prices of the drinks from the mini-fridge? beer, wine, liquor?

Did it have a tiny freezer section?

Thanks again!!!

I sailed a couple of years ago on the Atlantica and it was a Western Caribbean cruise too. Because I arrived early (before 11am) I had to wait and the ship sails at 7pm. Try not to show up before 2 and you should avoid the crowds. Also, remember to bring your passport or proper proof of citizenship or you will be delayed or even turned away if you don't have everything in order.

Once onboard kick back relax and have a great time. It was a really neat ship and the crowd we sailed with had a ball... oh, don't forget to plan on Toga Night! They provide the sheets, you can do the rest (gold belt / dangling earings, etc.) it's great fun to be cleopatra for a night.:)

Thanks for the info, Allen - especially the tip on the oulets! We have never cruised at all so the last minute booking has left us scrambling for information...

Do you remember the prices of the drinks from the mini-fridge? beer, wine, liquor?

Thanks again!!!

I cruised on the atlantica over thanksgiving ... great ship. Here are the answers to your latest questions:

1) Hotel parking - don't know ... keep checking

2) Prices in the mini-bar varied by beverage, but they were consistent with prices on the rest of the ship. Alcoholic drinks (beer, wine, liquor) averaging about $4. The mini-bar will have some candy bars, some soft drinks, couple of bottles of water, couple of beers, few small bottles of wine, and 2 airplane bottles of every major type of liquor. Drink what you want, sign the slip for the mini-bar (they're in your room - cabin steward will show them to you), and they'll simply bill your sign-n-sail card. It's like a creditcard for the ship - everything gets billed to this card - which is also your room key and your safe key (yes your room has a safe too).

3) No mini-freezer in the mini bar. But I did use it's refrigerating powers to keep other stuff cold. If you're hoping for ice .... just ask your cabin steward to bring you some. He'll bring you as much as you want. Also, there's usually a cooler at the end of each hall that the cabin steward uses to restock ice buckets. Just grab ice from it if you don't want to wait on him. My only other suggestion is to take a nalagene bottle and keep it filled with ice.

Happy cruising ....

Thanks again!!!

1) Can't comment on other hotels, but we stayed at the AmeriSuites on 17th and I know they allow free parking. We were able to get the room for $98 ($108 including tax) on ValueTrips.com We have stayed there twice and really enjoy the free breakfasts.

Archived