transporation from Anchorage to Whittier

sydney777

Does anyone know of companies that will pick you up at the hotel and take you to Whittier(My ship is going out of there) I found Alaska Cruise & Transfer but they do not pick up at my hotel. I can't find any other shuttle services. Has anyone had any experiences. Are there any rent a car in anchorage that would let you return in Whittier? Help

Does anyone know of companies that will pick you up at the hotel and take you to Whittier(My ship is going out of there) I found Alaska Cruise & Transfer but they do not pick up at my hotel. I can't find any other shuttle services. Has anyone had any experiences. Are there any rent a car in anchorage that would let you return in Whittier? Help

Since the names are so similar, this might be the same company, I don't know:

Alaska Cruise Transfer and Tours:

http://alaskacruisetransfer.com/

That's the company we are using in August....but they also have limitations on what hotels they pick up at. Apparently, it has to do with the size of the parking lots at the hotel. If it's too small for their bus, they ask you to go to the airport and catch them there.

That was our initial problem with this company....so we just changed hotels! The convenience of a leisurly morning, and hotel pickup was just too tempting.

The only car rental in Whittier is Avis and there would be a dropoff fee involved and from reading the boards this can be a bit of money! But if it's a large group it might work out price better, all depends.

I went into the Anchorage Visitor's Bureau site (www.anchorage.net) and looked up transportation, and here's the link to that http://www.anchorage.net/directory.html

Susan in Anchorage :)

We just ended our cruise in Whittier and there were all kinds of limos, vans, shuttle busses and coaches. If you don't want to spend hours looking, try calling the Anchorage Convention and Visitors Bureau. They were very helpful people in person, and I imagine they'd be the same on the phone. Here's the info from their Contact page:

Anchorage Convention

& Visitors Bureau

524 W. Fourth Avenue

Anchorage, AK 99501-2212

Phone: (907) 276-4118

Fax: (907) 278-5559

E-mail: info@anchorage.net

This is their Whittier transport page:

http://www.anchorage.net/913.cfm

Alaskans are the most congenial, friendly people I've ever met. Try calling; bet they'll find something for you. :)

Thanks ticker but that one does not pick up at our hotel. Has anyone used

Anchorage Tours and Transfers

3530 Alamosa Dr looks like a family owned business in anchorage and they said they would pick up at Intel Towers

• 4 weeks later...

Check out Tim Melican with "The Magic Bus".. excellent service with pickup at B & B and we never touched our luggage as it was waiting for us in our cabin when we boarded in Whittier... Driver Gary did an excellent commentary all the way to Whiittier....well below cost from cruise line,.

Archived