Buying kid's gifts from carnival online

flgatormom29

So, we are going on a wedding cruise in oct. My 2 daughter's (ages 7 and almost 3 when we sail) are my flower girls. We truly believe that this wedding is a much theirs as ours and we want to make this special for them as well.

I want to give them a gift when we get on the cruise for being the flower girls and just for being such amazing kids. I was going to do nice jewelry to go with their dresses, but those would be lost or broken by the end of the week, plus not really appreciated by my 2 year old.

Really like the idea of having something in the room waiting for them, so was looking at the carnival site and I'm pretty disappointed at their selection but something that did catch my eye is a sea-through backpack that comes with a towel, goggles and bucket hat. Looks like it would be fun for them. They would love the backpack as traveling with 2 grandma's and a great grandma they will have something to store their loot.

Here is what I'm talking about...

http://www.carnival.com/BonVoyage/AddToCart.aspx?cat=Just+For+Kids&pid=7F1

My only question is... What's the quantity of this? Is the backpack going to fall apart within the week? Is the towel nice or one of those thin and non-absorbent crappy towels? If I'm going to spend $50 ($25 X2) I want nice towels and backpacks (don't really care about goggles or hat). I don't mind spending that if its a nice, fun set...something that will last.

Has anyone got this or know the quality of it? Is it worth it, or should I explore other options?

I can't speak for the towels and backpacks, but I ordered the 6 Carnival sea creatures for my granddaughter who is 10. They were of outstanding quality and a lot larger than I thought they would be. Each was embroidered with the Carnival logo and had a Carnival tag on them, They were wrapped in cellophane with a big bow and had the message we had requested. We were very pleased and she was delighted with her gift. I wouldn't hesitate to order from them again. Here is a picture of the octopus.

313.jpg

I have seen the backpacks but don't have one. I would not call them superior quality. It will last the week if you don't overstuff. I think the big ticket items are the towel and the hat. As the hat can be purchased for $12 separately, You have to figure the towel, backpack and goggles fit within the other $13.

I'm sure the towel is the perfect size for the little ones. But I would not expect them to be very plus.

We purchased the $19 towels for our girls for this trip. I think they will be fairly thin but larger. I can tell you my 9 year old has really enjoyed getting goodies at embarkation.

Have a great trip and Congratulations!

I can't speak for the towels and backpacks' date=' but I ordered the 6 Carnival sea creatures for my granddaughter who is 10. They were of outstanding quality and a lot larger than I thought they would be. Each was embroidered with the Carnival logo and had a Carnival tag on them[/quote']

I saw those for $29 and thought they would probably be nicer than the clear plastic backpack.

Archived