Train between Salerno & Naples

TomMMD

We are on the Sept 29 Celebrity sailing and our stop in Naples has been switched to Salerno.

We have done the Amalfi Coast & Pompeii and had planned to do the archeological museum and Hanford around town for a few hours.

Plan B had been to take the ship's "Panorama Tour" of Naples. Well, they cancelled that tour today.

My question today is how hard would it be for us to take a train to Naples?

Once there, how close is the museum?

We have never "ported" in Salerno, but we have taken the train from Rome to Salerno and the ferry from Salerno to Amalfi.

Assuming you are in the same general area, the walking distance from the Port to the train station would be about 10 minutes, or less.

Trains run frequently from Salerno to Naples and usually take around 30 minutes or less. Visit the "trenitalia" website for schedules.

I know the train station's in Sorrento, you can take a cab or SITA bus there. not sure where you get off, but here is a link to "qui Napoli" a monthly publication with lots of info of touristy places,, English is on the right, already translated for us.http://www.inaples.it/public/quinapoli/quinapoli.pdf

whatever you choose to do have a great time!

I know the train station's in Sorrento, whatever you choose to do have a great time!

Whoops! Salerno isn't the same place as Sorrento.

To the OP, the Euro Star leaves Salerno once each hour at least through 11:00. This is the fastest way to Naples, albeit the most expensive. A very close second for speed will be an express train. For example, the Intercity express train adds less than 5 minutes to the trip. If you take a non-express train, you'll more than double the time of the trip.

The Salerno station is small and easy to navigate. There's a taxi rank outside for the return trip to the port.

Once in Naples, I'd take a taxi to the museum.

Archived