Bucket of Beer?

5Stringer

I bought a bucket of beers to enjoy during the Super Bowl in the theater on Summit last February. Six Buds, can't remember how much I paid. Normally, I stay away from the drinks or will buy one beer at a time, but this was a special occasion. Only the first one was opened, and I proceeded to put them away at the rate of one per quarter. I had to flag down a server to come over and pop open the next bottle when I was ready for another one. I saved the last two, took them back to our cabin, and enjoyed them a couple of nights later with our room service dinner.

TO RICE7R,

Just bear in mind the following in regards to ordering Packages on Board...

1- IF you choose to buy at the Port of Embarkation... In addition to the base price (as listed on the Celebrity Website) PLUS the required 15% Tip you will ALSO be charged any Local Sales Taxes that are connected to your point of departure (example... Sales Taxes for the City / County / State / Country from which you depart)

Cheers!

That's not correct

I've bought the package twice at the Port of Embarkation and paid no sales tax... The same as you aren't charged sales tax on drinks bought onzies twozies... they don't punch them in until after sail away.

Bucket thread is interesting.

We've sailed Azamara quite a few times, the last ones were wine included with lunch and dinner. I am primarily a beer drinker so I asked the bar mgr about special beer pricing since I was not drinking much of the free or pre-paid (whatever you call it) wine. They had bucket specials but not every day. I was able to get the bucket specials in pretty much any bar at any time and they would keep them in the fridge or on ice, keep track of them and open them when I wanted. That was great service.

When we board the Solstice next Sunday, I'm going to ask about buckets and the policy of opening them all at once. If they do this I will raise a gentle fuss with the bar manager. I had the classic all inclusive bev package last May on the Solstice and found it to be a pretty good value. This trip we are Elites and will have daily cocktail hour plus there is one more port day. This means less time to consume onboard and in pay venues to try to get value of a bev package. I think I am going to opt out on it for this trip and see where I end up $$$

I always get buckets of beer while on the Summit and have never had to open all at once. I don't have them open any, I take my own opener. What I don't drink I take back to the room for later.

That's not correct

I've bought the package twice at the Port of Embarkation and paid no sales tax... The same as you aren't charged sales tax on drinks bought onzies twozies... they don't punch them in until after sail away.

TO A-SIXTH?

As they say, YMMV (your mileage may vary)

Lol, another case where Celebrity's practice doesn't seem to be consistent based on what I've read ... some have reported that the local landbased taxes were charged to their accounts, as the items were punched in while still in port (remember we are talking globally here... not just US locations)

Consider yourself lucky, I guess.

Cheers!

TO A-SIXTH?

As they say, YMMV (your mileage may vary)

Lol, another case where Celebrity's practice doesn't seem to be consistent based on what I've read ... some have reported that the local landbased taxes were charged to their accounts, as the items were punched in while still in port (remember we are talking globally here... not just US locations)

Consider yourself lucky, I guess.

Cheers!

Well, I am VERY lucky I guess. In 40 plus cruises I have always ordered a beer or four on boarding and not once have I ever been charged extra for local taxes.

Heck, re-reading your post, the suggestion is that while docked at a port-of-call they would charge say charge the VAT tax for "Republic of Ireland" or where-ever has also never happened to me. So count hundreds of times I have not once been charged.

Archived