Bucket of Beer?

5Stringer

Does Celebrity offer anything like "bucket of beer" deals?

If so, what is the price and where do you get it?

Can you buy a bucket on deck for example, and take an unopened beer back to your room for later?

I looked at the drink packages, and as a beer drinker none of them seemed suited for me.

Thanks

I bought a bucket once and recall buying 4 and getting the 5th one for free. It was a special they having up on the pool deck during a sea day. And yes, you can bring them anywhere you want on the ship, including your cabin. Your stateroom attendant will keep them chilled on ice for you if you ask.

Does Celebrity offer anything like "bucket of beer" deals?

If so, what is the price and where do you get it?

Can you buy a bucket on deck for example, and take an unopened beer back to your room for later?

I looked at the drink packages, and as a beer drinker none of them seemed suited for me.

Thanks

Hi,

You could buy 5 bottles for the price of 4 at the Pool, Sunset, Mast & Oceanview Cafe bars on the Eclipse. Cost - $5 * 4 + 15% for something like Bud.

Jim

I get a bucket of Becks and it is 28.75 including tip. You get 6 for the price of 5. I also take my own opener and don't have them open any. Take what I don't drink and put in refrigerator. You can get them at pool bars and Waterfall bar. That is where I have gotten them. It on the bar menu and is available anytime. We are mostly beer drinkers also and this is a better deal even with buying a bucket everyday.

I get a bucket of Becks and it is 28.75 including tip. You get 6 for the price of 5. I also take my own opener and don't have them open any. Take what I don't drink and put in refrigerator. You can get them at pool bars and Waterfall bar. That is where I have gotten them. It on the bar menu and is available anytime. We are mostly beer drinkers also and this is a better deal even with buying a bucket everyday.

on one of my cruises, the bar tender told me that he had to open all of the beers in the bucket, which was a disappointment for me as I had intended to take what I did not drink to my cabin for later.

on one of my cruises, the bar tender told me that he had to open all of the beers in the bucket, which was a disappointment for me as I had intended to take what I did not drink to my cabin for later.

That's annoying! Did he want to open them there and then? It takes me a good couple of hours minimum to drink a bucket of beer (as well as liking the option of taking back to cabin for later) and I'd be put off buying one if they had to come opened.

It must have been a Carnival cruise -- I've never heard of such a stupid thing.

That's annoying! Did he want to open them there and then? It takes me a good couple of hours minimum to drink a bucket of beer (as well as liking the option of taking back to cabin for later) and I'd be put off buying one if they had to come opened.

I was not able to leave the bar with the bucket until they were all opened. It was the one and only bucket I purchased on that cruise, as when I asked a bar server around the pool for a bucket but without opening all of the bottles I was again told that they were required to open all of them at the same time. :mad:

I have never been on Carnival. It was the Equinox in 2010.

First off, I would have asked to see his boss. Beer goes flat after a while. If that didn't work, I would have given them back.

First off, I would have asked to see his boss. Beer goes flat after a while. If that didn't work, I would have given them back.

they did not last long enough to go flat :D

We were on the Summit in June, ordered a bucket of 6 Bud. Lights for 25.88 including automatic gratuity each day. (It was slightly higher on the first day, as we were still in higher tax waters!) A single bottle of Bud. light with automatic gratuity was 5.18. We were able to take all beers unopened to our cabin without any questions. Our great cabin steward kept us stocked with ice!!

We were on Allure of the Seas in March, the waiter talked me in to a bucket. When he returned, he delivered 2 Coors Lights and 3 Budweisers, all opened. I told him I did not drink Bud, and I definitely did not want them all opened at once. He stated that the bartenders had to open them when leaving the bar. I complained, he allowed me to keep the opened Buds and soon brought 3 unopened Coors Lights. This is a ridiculous policy that, evidently, all lines have. To sell more beer I am sure! Make sure you ask that it not be opened all at once.

All lines do not have this policy, and even Celebrity doesn't do it all the time. If you are ordering a bucket of beer, perhaps going to the bar area will give you better handle on what is being served and how but at least on Celebrity, I have never heard of them mixing brands within one order like that. YMMV:)

• 4 months later...

Necro bump!

Does anyone have any updated information on the wonderful "Bucket of Beers". I would like to know if this is readily available on Celebrity?

I am sailing the Eclipse if anyone has an first hand info from that ship.

If one drinks a bucket a day and the price is 20-30 dollars, would the better deal be the non premium drink package? It seems close enough in price that the drink package might be make more sense and is more convenient.

If one drinks a bucket a day and the price is 20-30 dollars, would the better deal be the non premium drink package? It seems close enough in price that the drink package might be make more sense and is more convenient.

TO TANELICUS,

You'd think so... (be it either the Classic or Premium Alcohol Package) considering all the other bevvys that one would probably consume in a day.

Again folks need to do the math... using the STICKY at the Top of this Board in regards to Beverage Packages pricing.

There have been previous postings about how Cruisers were able to stock-pile unopened beer in their Cabins from the Beverage Packages ... as well as Cruisers who managed to nicely request that a Bartender "lend" them a bucket (no guarantees on that one, as always seems to be most successful when one has the right attitude)

Mr Sloop sees no issue with getting his beer one-at-a-time or stockpiling for the Balcony (vs paying for a bucket full at once) considering the difference in costs...

Cheers!

TO TANELICUS,

You'd think so... (be it either the Classic or Premium Alcohol Package) considering all the other bevvys that one would probably consume in a day.

Again folks need to do the math... using the STICKY at the Top of this Board in regards to Beverage Packages pricing.

There have been previous postings about how Cruisers were able to stock-pile unopened beer in their Cabins from the Beverage Packages ... as well as Cruisers who managed to nicely request that a Bartender "lend" them a bucket (no guarantees on that one, as always seems to be most successful when one has the right attitude)

Mr Sloop sees no issue with getting his beer one-at-a-time or stockpiling for the Balcony (vs paying for a bucket full at once) considering the difference in costs...

Cheers!

Thanks for all the input.

Also.

I have run the numbers a bajillion times. I just cant predict what I will be drinking when im on board. I am going to wait until i am on board before ordering any kind of package.

Thanks for all the input.

Also.

I have run the numbers a bajillion times. I just cant predict what I will be drinking when im on board. I am going to wait until i am on board before ordering any kind of package.

TO RICE7R,

Just bear in mind the following in regards to ordering Packages on Board...

1- IF you choose to buy at the Port of Embarkation... In addition to the base price (as listed on the Celebrity Website) PLUS the required 15% Tip you will ALSO be charged any Local Sales Taxes that are connected to your point of departure (example... Sales Taxes for the City / County / State / Country from which you depart)

2- Way around this is (a) order online BEFORE you cruise (b) or order AFTER you are on the ship, and it is outside of the 200 Mile limit and into International Waters

3- IF you purchase any individual drinks BEFORE you are out in Intl Waters and BEFORE you have purchased a Beverage Package, they will also be subjected to relative Local Sales Taxes.

4- IF you decide to go with Option # 3 above, and then later purchase a Beverage Package and get those drinks previously bought "erased" from your account (and absorbed into the Beverage Package)... evidently according to other Cruisers the Sales Taxes will remain on your account

5- Still can't decide? You can purchase a Beverage Package upto 2 Days before the end of your cruise... purchases are prorated according to the Celebrity Website (although to be honest no one here has given a clear defintion of what that actually means / costs)

Hope this is helpful,

Cheers!

Bucket thread is interesting.

We've sailed Azamara quite a few times, the last ones were wine included with lunch and dinner. I am primarily a beer drinker so I asked the bar mgr about special beer pricing since I was not drinking much of the free or pre-paid (whatever you call it) wine. They had bucket specials but not every day. I was able to get the bucket specials in pretty much any bar at any time and they would keep them in the fridge or on ice, keep track of them and open them when I wanted. That was great service.

When we board the Solstice next Sunday, I'm going to ask about buckets and the policy of opening them all at once. If they do this I will raise a gentle fuss with the bar manager. I had the classic all inclusive bev package last May on the Solstice and found it to be a pretty good value. This trip we are Elites and will have daily cocktail hour plus there is one more port day. This means less time to consume onboard and in pay venues to try to get value of a bev package. I think I am going to opt out on it for this trip and see where I end up $$$

It must have been a Carnival cruise -- I've never heard of such a stupid thing.

Really,more Carnival bashing.................sigh. Now that is stupid.Guess that made you feel good about yourself.:rolleyes:

We were on a Med cruise on the new Carnival Magic in June and ordered the buckets of beer and they were NOT opened unless we wanted them to be.Carnival was perfect as we took our whole family to Europe with us. :D

Archived