Spirit Class obstructed balcony question

QLUVS2CRUZ

I can see that the lifeboats are outside the obstructed balcony rooms on the Upper deck (hence why they are obstructed...) but has anyone stayed in one or actually seen the view from the balcony? Is the lifeboat right outside on the Upper deck or is it down one deck, and it's just obstructed because if you look down you will see the lifeboat? I don't recall seeing them actually on Upper when we cruised last month, but I also wasn't really paying attention.

Thanks!

Best value on Spirit class ships is cabin 5236. Huge balcony, very little obstruction. The top of the lifeboats is ankle high when standing at the balcony. Some of the 7A cabins have taller lifeboats with more of an obstruction. Similar cabins, like 5238 are handicapped accessible, so there is a possibility you could get bumped. 5236 is not. If it is available, book it. We have sailed in this same cabin twice on the Legend and will get it again every time. It's a no-brainer. 7A is the cheapest balcony category on the ship and the only cabin with a bigger balcony is the aft wraps.

Archived