BEST Cabin on GLORY?? Aft? Cat 8 or 11?

ciship

We just came off the PRIDE. Fabulous service!!

Already booking the next cruise and thinking about Glory because of the departure port.

Any advise on a great cabin with maybe wrap around balconies or something else unusual and/or recommended?

We just came off the PRIDE. Fabulous service!!

Already booking the next cruise and thinking about Glory because of the departure port.

Any advise on a great cabin with maybe wrap around balconies or something else unusual and/or recommended?

Ciship, when are you going to post your review about your trip on the Pride. We are leavig 5/15. I'm dying to know how your trip went. What did you do in ports?, etc. Thanks.

Thanks Serene56......why is this cabin special??? I'm assuming you have been on the Glory. How was the crew and service?

I have only sailed the aft cabins. thinking those cabins are by far the best for my money--until I saw the cabin 6234 on the Miracle. All I can say is wow. I booked the Liberty--- and after seeing deck plans--- for the same money for a cat 8B I got a bigger cabin plus a bigger balcony,.

Ciship, when are you going to post your review about your trip on the Pride. We are leavig 5/15. I'm dying to know how your trip went. What did you do in ports?, etc. Thanks.

I'm working on my review as we speak......but let me tell you right now...the PRIDE is awesome for the soul reason that her staff and crew love her and want her to be the best. The customer service on that ship made the whole cruise for us. The last cruise we took, the customer service, crew and staff RUINED our whole cruise for us.

Take confidence that you are going to LOVE the PRIDE!!!

Part I review coming soon.........

I'm working on my review as we speak......but let me tell you right now...the PRIDE is awesome for the soul reason that her staff and crew love her and want her to be the best. The customer service on that ship made the whole cruise for us. The last cruise we took, the customer service, crew and staff RUINED our whole cruise for us.

Take confidence that you are going to LOVE the PRIDE!!!

Part I review coming soon.........

I'm getting so excited about our upcoming cruise. I cannot wait to read your review. Thanks Ciship!

I have only sailed the aft cabins. thinking those cabins are by far the best for my money--until I saw the cabin 6234 on the Miracle. All I can say is wow. I booked the Liberty--- and after seeing deck plans--- for the same money for a cat 8B I got a bigger cabin plus a bigger balcony,.

What cabin did you book on Liberty? We are thinking about booking Liberty once she returns to Ft. Lauderdale.

What made cabin 6234 on Miracle so great?? Can you describe it? Did you enjoy the Miracle? Where does she go?

I'm getting so excited about our upcoming cruise. I cannot wait to read your review. Thanks Ciship!

I've got Part I of my review out there as of tonight. I will work on Part II tomorrow. If you have something specific you want to know, please let me know. Where is your cabin???

What cabin did you book on Liberty? We are thinking about booking Liberty once she returns to Ft. Lauderdale.

What made cabin 6234 on Miracle so great?? Can you describe it? Did you enjoy the Miracle? Where does she go?

this 6234 cabin is set up different-- there is lots of room. More so then in a general cabin. When you walk in the cabin the bed will be on your right. the bathroom is further in the cabin. Although carnival does not recognize this cabin as a handi capped cabin the bathroom is huge and there is a drop down seat located in the shower. The baclony door has no barriers- Most cabins you have to squeeze by the bed to get to the door-- its located off to the left and nothing is in its way. no step to get to the balcony. and the blacony--- wow--> http://community.webshots.com/photo/231082601/293683084CKyqeR

We are going on the Liberty in February 2006 leaving out of Fort Lauderdale. Click on my banner to get information.

this 6234 cabin is set up different-- there is lots of room. More so then in a general cabin. When you walk in the cabin the bed will be on your right. the bathroom is further in the cabin. Although carnival does not recognize this cabin as a handi capped cabin the bathroom is huge and there is a drop down seat located in the shower. The baclony door has no barriers- Most cabins you have to squeeze by the bed to get to the door-- its located off to the left and nothing is in its way. no step to get to the balcony. and the blacony--- wow--> http://community.webshots.com/photo/231082601/293683084CKyqeR

We are going on the Liberty in February 2006 leaving out of Fort Lauderdale. Click on my banner to get information.

Great picture of the balcony. Thanks for linking it for me.

When you say "click on my banner" what does that mean? I used to have cc.com set up where everyones picture icon showed on the left side on all the threads, but it only shows the screenname now. Do you know how I can set it up where the picture icon shows WITH the screenname??

go to the top- clickon USER CP- find edit avater- follow the directions. Dont forget to save.

Can you see my Flag at the bottom of my post that says Join us on the Carnival Liberty-- if you click on that it should open a new window-- if that dont work-- try clickin gon February 12, 2006

I've got Part I of my review out there as of tonight. I will work on Part II tomorrow. If you have something specific you want to know, please let me know. Where is your cabin???

Looking forward to Part II of your review. Our cabin is 6232, which has the super long balcony. I'm so looking foward to this cruise.

go to the top- clickon USER CP- find edit avater- follow the directions. Dont forget to save.

Can you see my Flag at the bottom of my post that says Join us on the Carnival Liberty-- if you click on that it should open a new window-- if that dont work-- try clickin gon February 12, 2006

No, there is no flag or signature or dates or ship clocking or anything! I used to get all that stuff. I went to Edit Avater, but it is just asking me to put mine in. I want to figure out how to set my computer up to see everyone elses signatures and avators???

No, there is no flag or signature or dates or ship clocking or anything! I used to get all that stuff. I went to Edit Avater, but it is just asking me to put mine in. I want to figure out how to set my computer up to see everyone elses signatures and avators???

Ok, I finally figured it out and got it all changed. I can see everything now....yeah!!!!!!!

Oh, I'm so bummed. Liberty is going to two of the same ports we have already been to on our Western Carribean cruise on the Conquest. I know my DH will want to choose all new ports. Will these be the permanent ports for Liberty?? What ship and itenarary do you recommend Serene56?

Liberty is doing 6 days to the Western and 8 days to other ports.

So you have been to the Western side? This will be our 4th time. Always found new things to do too. Cozumel we are there from 11am until 11pm- never have I stayed in a port this long and looking forward to time on a beach to watch the sun set.

the 8 days leaves on A saturday- out of fort lauderdale. San Juan, St Thomas, tortola, Antigua and Nassau. (port intensive) 2 days at sea.

What ports have you been to? I like the Eastern side- but since I love to cruise-- the western side is more affordable for me.

Serene56,

The Western was our first cruise out of New Orleans on the Conquest. Cayman Islands, Cozumel and Jamaica. We liked these ports, but we would like to try something new like Southern or Eastern.

Did you like these ports? San Juan, St Thomas, tortola, Antigua and Nassau.

I'm noticing the ships youve taken on your cruises. Of all, which did you like the best? Our faith has been renewed in Carnival with the PRIDE, but we arent timid about trying another cruiseline. What do you think? Is there really a lot of difference as far as customer service (thats all we care about).

Thanks for your help!

My favorite to date is my first cruise onbaord the Sensation. I dont know if its because it was my first time or because I sailed with every family member from my parents--allt he way to my neices and nephews.

I have not had a bad cruise. Legend was very rocky. but it was only a weekend going nowhere. My eastern cruise we sailed between 2 hurricanes and the weather was not too good. St Thomas was beautiful in the fog and cloud cover- I can only imagine what it looks like in all its splendor when the weather is nice.

I did sail the Voyager- because the price was lower then anything carnival could offer. I found service and food was the same on any carnival cruise. But I prefer Carnival because of the nightlife. Sure it has rock climbing and stuff but how many times can you climb a rock. Saw the ice show and was very impressed. I wont sit with just one cruise lines...price will dictate to me who i cruise with. I would love to try Princess but the price is too much out of my league. I like to take a cruise at least once a year so keep my vacations cheap. I am usre I could do the higher end cruiseline or head to a suite... but then i couldnt go the next year.

If you ver have an issue with customer service I hope that you jsut dont accept that is the way it is== but let someone know that you expected more/ or different.

Serene56,

Oh I definitely let Carnival know how I felt about their "lack" of service on the Conquest. Of course, we never got any letter in response. I'm not timid about things like that, but I would prefer to know about a ships customer service ahead of time. I did much better research with the PRIDE and it paid off. Excellent attitudes and service.

Did you wait til after the cruise to let them know?? Please if something is unsatisfatory= head to the pursers desk and ask who to complain to. Housekeeping or dining room staff are taken care of by other people. I dont expect once a cruise to be over I wonder if you will ever hear from them again.

My DH went on two separate occasions to report blatant problems. Pursers desk didnt care at all and didnt do anything about it. It wasnt all about just a person here or there......it was the feel of the whole ship. No one was happy on that ship.....it was cursed or something that week. I've worked in customer service all my life. I've trained the "how to's" of Customer Service for the last 11 years. I praise it when I see it (the PRIDE) and I shout it loud and clear when I don't (Conquest).

Now that I've seen the best and the worst.....My expectations are in-check.

i hope it was just on your particular week that this was a problem.

On the legend we had a cabin steward Im sure but we never seen him or her the whole weekend. Never did our beds get made nor did we get new towels. (thank god it was only a weekend- tips were prepaid so we couldnt touch those either.)

If you liked the Pride= check out the Miracle and/ or the Spirit cruise

I read great reviews about the Conquest all the time. I think we must have been there during a crew switch or something. They all seemed so stressed and unhappy.

I would have NOT been happy if I had had a cabin steward like you did. OH MY!!

Oh well, I was reading tonight about NCL. WOW, they have a couple of amazing ships coming out and the cabin concepts are awesome with the freestyle dining. What have you heard about NCL???

I took a tour of the Norweign Crown last year. The Crown leaves from Philly so I thought--kool, no airfare. So when the opportunity came that we can spend a few hours one day checking the ship out-I jumped on it. The cabins are small by todays standards--but how long are you in the cabin. If there is only two of you--it could work. I dont think NCL is for us. Although I hear the Dawn is amazing.

I read reviews on Conquest class ship because that is what the Liberty is- I am hearing that this ship rocks all the time. DId you find that to be the case?

The cabin steward on the Legend was forgiven by us since it was a weekend cruise to nowhere. It wasnt a big deal since we got on late on Friday and got off early on Sunday. The cabin already had 4 towels. But it kinda wierded me out coz I kept thinking the sheets were not changed before we got there...(im sure the room was cleaned...the mind is a terrible thing to waste.

Archived