BEST Cabin on GLORY?? Aft? Cat 8 or 11?

ciship

I have read good things about the NCL Dawn and Sun, but the new NCL Pride of America (with 100% American crew) is simply amazing. Some of the cabins on the ship have their own private pools, jacuzzis, workout areas, concierge and since we are all such picky eaters, we love the Freestyle dining concept that they have with Steakhouses, Italian, Mexican etc....The new NCL Jewel is supposed to be amazing as well. Hmmmm..........

I never felt rocking on the Conquest until the very last evening and even then it wasnt any big deal. We were on deck 8 which was higher than we had on the PRIDE and there were still times when I forgot I was on a ship. Also, we cruised her in September with bad weather all around us and she still didnt seem to rock at all.

Conquest's layout didnt bother us at all either. We thought she was a beautiful ship. I read that all the time about people only cruising the Spirit class because of her great layout. We just didnt notice much of a difference b/t her and the PRIDE except we liked the decor of the PRIDE better (but we really don't care either way) As long as they have smiles on their faces and greetings on their lips and I get a fresh towel and some French Toast in the morning......man, I'm SO happy and easy to please. To us, it is ONLY the customer service and crew that makes the ship.

Have you read my MILE long reviews of the PRIDE, Part I, II, and III?

Another thing I've been meaning to tell you Serene56 is that I don't fly....which makes getting to a port pretty tough. For the PRIDE, I took a train from Kansas City to California to get there and back. I have to probably stick to ports that are easy to get to by train from KC like New Orleans or Texas. Getting to Florida by train from KC is a nightmare which really lowers all my options. The Conquest goes out of New Orleans and that is why we chose her.

Sigh..........I wish I could fly and I used to all the time.......but, it only took one horrific flight to ruin me and now I can't step back on one.

DId you have french toast on the Pride??? we looked and looked and never did find any on the Miracle. Everything else but.

I see the Carnival Paradise leaves from Long Ilsand.

San Fran has NCL Wind and the 10 day dawn Princess

Los angeles has the Monarch of the Seas (Royal it even has a cruise to nowhere onboard the SUn Princess.

I see you have lots of choices

DId you have french toast on the Pride??? we looked and looked and never did find any on the Miracle. Everything else but.

I see the Carnival Paradise leaves from Long Ilsand.

San Fran has NCL Wind and the 10 day dawn Princess

Los angeles has the Monarch of the Seas (Royal it even has a cruise to nowhere onboard the SUn Princess.

I see you have lots of choices

Yes, they had French Toast everyday but one, and we were really bummed the day they did pancakes instead.

I'm really leaning right now toward the NCL Sun although my husband wants to stick with Carnival. I would really like to try Liberty.

• 4 weeks later...

On the Glory choose 6483 or 6452. HUGE veranda and good size room. My sister was one deck above us, her room was a bit smaller and the veranda was a lot smaller (but still larger then side cabins). I think they term this a Cat. 9.

Hi,

On the Glory your room 6452 did it have a sofa? We are booked in 6454 do you know how it was? Is it as nice as 6452?

Thanks,

Carla

6454 will have a sofa. The balcony on 6452 is huge.. Your balcony is big just not a s big as the corner one You are booked in a cat 8- the corner cabin is a 9.

this 6234 cabin is set up different-- there is lots of room. More so then in a general cabin. When you walk in the cabin the bed will be on your right. the bathroom is further in the cabin. Although carnival does not recognize this cabin as a handi capped cabin the bathroom is huge and there is a drop down seat located in the shower. The baclony door has no barriers- Most cabins you have to squeeze by the bed to get to the door-- its located off to the left and nothing is in its way. no step to get to the balcony. and the blacony--- wow--> http://community.webshots.com/photo/231082601/293683084CKyqeR

We are going on the Liberty in February 2006 leaving out of Fort Lauderdale. Click on my banner to get information.

Serene56, do you have pictures of the INSIDE of cabin 6234. I saw the balcony pics, but I am curious to see the inside.

Archived