Foo Foo

Speedo

This should probably be obvious to seasoned cruisers but I can't figure out what people are referring to when they say Foo Foo drinks. I have read this in a number of posts but it has me stumped. Can anybody enlighten me? Also where does that expression come from?

I think it refers to the drinks with fruit and unbrellas, etc, rather than gin and tonic or rum and coke type drinks. And I thought the expression was Froo froo, which I've used to mean frilly or fancy with bows and ruffles - like on women's clothes. But I've seen it posted here both ways - with and without the "R" in it. Oh well,.................... :)

The term Foo-foo refers to anything effeminate, "girlie" or overly fancy, such as french poodles.

A real drink has at most two ingredients, the sole exception being beer, which has three.

Who gets to define what a "real drink" is? Drink what tastes good to you or what tastes good where and when you are drinking. Orange juice or coffee with breakfast, milk with cookies, wine with dinner, sherry with dessert, cocktails at a cocktail party, beer at a superbowl party, or a refreshing foo-foo drink while lounging poolside on a cruise ship. To each his own...

Who gets to define what a "real drink" is? Drink what tastes good to you or what tastes good where and when you are drinking. Orange juice or coffee with breakfast, milk with cookies, wine with dinner, sherry with dessert, cocktails at a cocktail party, beer at a superbowl party, or a refreshing foo-foo drink while lounging poolside on a cruise ship. To each his own...

here here!!!! *raising my effeminate foo-foo glass to you* lol

nautical construction "foo-foo" (or "poo-poo"), used to refer to something

effeminate

from

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=foo

One of the many terms for cocaine hydrochloride

from

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=foo+foo&defid=876627

Little Bunny Foo Foo

from

http://www.enchantedlearning.com/rhymes/Bunnyfoofoo.shtml

Thanks derf5585. This is gettin just way to funny, I love definition #3 in the Urban dictionary that you quoted.

3. foo foo

men's cologne or after shave.

Man! Rich is smelling like a French whore...way too much foo-foo.

Now I am really glad I asked before ordering.

Wrong, wrong, wrong. No self-respecting functional alcoholic would be caught dead swilling that garbage by the pool.

Bloodies/Mimosas with breakfast, no cookies, lots of wine with dinner, port with dessert, cocktails at a cocktail party, beer at a superbowl party, or a bucket of beer while lounging poolside on a cruise ship.:D

Wrong, wrong, wrong. No self-respecting functional alcoholic would be caught dead swilling that garbage by the pool.

Bloodies/Mimosas with breakfast, no cookies, lots of wine with dinner, port with dessert, cocktails at a cocktail party, beer at a superbowl party, or a bucket of beer while lounging poolside on a cruise ship.:D

lmbo at "self-respecting functional alcoholic"....in that case pass me the foo-foo drinks...i'll be the outcast...lol ;)

Heck yeah...me by the pool, a stawberry dacquiri in hand. It can't go wrong!

Gaaack! Someone could see you drink it! the shame. Next you'll be asking for a Strawberry Margarita, and then of course we'd be morally bound to perform either an exorcism or a high colonic! Blecch!

Archived