Sunscreen in Glacier Bay

pambo

Please remember to take your sunscreen to Glacier Bay....and reapply as the day goes on. I put SPF 15 on in the morning....did not reapply and got a terrible sunburn that hurt like crazy for two days. Please don't make the same mistake that I did!

I'm sorry you got so badly burned. I'm assuming that you were mostly covered by clothing.

Wearing good sun glasses is also very important. Not just for comfort for the moment but to prevent long term eye damage.

Yes, I was very covered up...just my face was exposed. I thought that I would be protected with my SPF 15-I hate to think how it would have been had I not done that. The good news is that we did have a gorgeous day...just be sure to heed and share my advice!

We were in Glacier Bay on ay 31st and all four of us got sunburn :eek:. We thought we'd be covered up but the weather was beautiful so we sat on the Aft deck in t-shirts and could have used shorts :D Have fun...the trip was truly breathtaking!

Please remember to take your sunscreen to Glacier Bay....and reapply as the day goes on. I put SPF 15 on in the morning....did not reapply and got a terrible sunburn that hurt like crazy for two days. Please don't make the same mistake that I did!

Sorry to hear that. My BIL also got a bad burn. He fried the back of his neck while on a hiking excursion out of Skagway. He started peeling and was still hurting four days later.

Somehow I actually remember to put on my high SPF facial sunscreen everyday while on the cruise. That's better than I usually do in the summer time at home.

Archived