Carnival Splendor 2470 and 2473

I have a couple of pics I took of 2473 last October that I would be glad to share... Hope this helps.

2353460680102276413S600x600Q85.jpg

2326556230102276413S600x600Q85.jpg

I have more questions about this room. I'm sorry for being so obsessive.;)

I see one closet in the right hand side of the bottom pic. I hope there is more closet space than that because my friend and I tend to overpack. She is far worse than I am. I think we need a shoe closet just for her. How many closets are in the room and where are they located?

Also, is the table in the bottom pic attached to the floor or can it be moved?

Thank you!

In the bottom picture, its to the left, where you see just the edge of the desk, and above the stool, you'll see two little doors open. Its above there.

I know I already asked and was told that the Splendor had the flat screen TVs but the area above the two little doors looks the same as our last cruise with the small old (bad picture) tv. I know that this room has a different shape so I just want to make sure that this room does have a flat screen.

• 5 weeks later...
No, it wasnt so bad that I wouldnt book it again.. I actually have it's "twin" 2470, booked on the Splendor next month. My 17 year old actually said he wanted that one again. He slept thru everything. I am a pretty light sleeper so I was fine after I "fixed" what rattled at night. I didn't have to sleep on the deck LOL! And as an early riser I was up before we docked and it wasnt unbearable. It kinda depends on your sleeping habits I think..

Remind me and I will come back and let you know how it was!

Hi Litewait, Welcome back from your cruise. How did you like 2470? Did you take any pics of the room?

Can you believe that. There are a few of the windows, beds with towel animals on them ect. but no real picture, pictures. They do have the flat screen Tv's, they are located above the litle "box" cabinent that holds the safe. The safes are digital combos not the sliding card ones also.

I really like the cabin because of the space. ALthough it can be noisy/vibrates with use of the thrusters, I wouldn't hesitate to book it again. My ds sleeps thru all of it and it was my wakeup call when we were going into ports. It had far less rattleing and I didnt use the tape this time!;)

I think there was a little less drawer space on the Splendor. The long narrow drawer usually just under the desk top is gone. And there was no book with info or room service menu this time. You can order room service on the TV though!

http://s1114.photobucket.com/albums/k526/Litewait3/?action=view&current=Miscsummer2011643.jpg

Can you believe that. There are a few of the windows, beds with towel animals on them ect. but no real picture, pictures. They do have the flat screen Tv's, they are located above the litle "box" cabinent that holds the safe. The safes are digital combos not the sliding card ones also.

I really like the cabin because of the space. ALthough it can be noisy/vibrates with use of the thrusters, I wouldn't hesitate to book it again. My ds sleeps thru all of it and it was my wakeup call when we were going into ports. It had far less rattleing and I didnt use the tape this time!;)

I think there was a little less drawer space on the Splendor. The long narrow drawer usually just under the desk top is gone. And there was no book with info or room service menu this time. You can order room service on the TV though!

http://s1114.photobucket.com/albums/k526/Litewait3/?action=view&current=Miscsummer2011643.jpg

Thank you! I just viewed your photos. This is the first time I will be in an OV room that is so close to the water. I can't wait! Did the room vibrate when they didn't use the Thrusters? Umm, :o what is a Thruster and when is it used?

I'm happy to hear about the TV and I can't wait to order my favorite Room Service Chocolate Cake. I just love that stuff.

Is there plenty of closet space? My friend and I both tend to overpack. You never know when you will need that kitchen sink.;)

The reason I knew it was the thrusters is I asked when I did the Behind the Fun tour. They are used when heading in & out of port. I think they shut down the main engines and the thrusters move the ship in and out of the pier areas. It starts up & stops several times like its pushing you up next to the dock.. Not positive but thats what it seemed like. Other than then not much vibration. I could feel movement but that was the ship from time to time.

Have fun!

The reason I knew it was the thrusters is I asked when I did the Behind the Fun tour. They are used when heading in & out of port. I think they shut down the main engines and the thrusters move the ship in and out of the pier areas. It starts up & stops several times like its pushing you up next to the dock.. Not positive but thats what it seemed like. Other than then not much vibration. I could feel movement but that was the ship from time to time.

Have fun!

The thrusters move the ship around and sideways, so tugboats are not needed to turn the ship or push you into or away from the dock. They operate off the engines. EM

Now I get it, thank you both. Litewait, do you think that room had a lot more movement than center ship would?

Here's a picture of the other closets in 2473 on the Glory.

DSC03205a.jpg

I would definitely book this room again if the opportunity arose. For me, the vibrations were only noticeable when we were going at top speed...on the first night out and the final night back. The rest of the time it wasn't noticeable.

The noises from the thrusters were loud but, I used them as my alarm clock as it meant we were pulling into port. The thruster noise started on the other side of the ship, under 2470 first...and then moved to our side...so, it wasn't as startling as it might've been for those in 2470. My 17 yr old son slept through it.

We loved this cabin. Oh, and no problem moving the table around, it isn't bolted down.

The room is so big that if you lean up against the headboard...sometimes the remote to the tv wouldn't work because it was too far away! My son quickly learned to stretch! :)

Here's a picture of the other closets in 2473 on the Glory.

DSC03205a.jpg

I would definitely book this room again if the opportunity arose. For me, the vibrations were only noticeable when we were going at top speed...on the first night out and the final night back. The rest of the time it wasn't noticeable.

The noises from the thrusters were loud but, I used them as my alarm clock as it meant we were pulling into port. The thruster noise started on the other side of the ship, under 2470 first...and then moved to our side...so, it wasn't as startling as it might've been for those in 2470. My 17 yr old son slept through it.

We loved this cabin. Oh, and no problem moving the table around, it isn't bolted down.

The room is so big that if you lean up against the headboard...sometimes the remote to the tv wouldn't work because it was too far away! My son quickly learned to stretch! :)

Yes! We have two shoe closets! Thank you for the pic. If you have anymore, I would love to see them all. :)

How nice that the table isn't bolted down. You can place the table where ever the best view is. How is the view from the TWO very large windows? I bet it was beautiful. Did you see any sea life?

Thanks for the warning about the tv remote. I'm going to start my stretching exercises, it would be just terrible if I couldn't use the remote to order room service. ;)

Here's a few more pictures...inside the cabin. We had the bed separated into two.

DSC03206a.jpg

View of the water from one window...you can see some of the salt from the spray on the window.

DSC03208a.jpg

And...did we see any sea life? We saw this from our window on the first day. It was a great way to start the cruise!

IMG_0198a.jpg

Here's a few more pictures...inside the cabin. We had the bed separated into two.

DSC03206a.jpg

View of the water from one window...you can see some of the salt from the spray on the window.

DSC03208a.jpg

And...did we see any sea life? We saw this from our window on the first day. It was a great way to start the cruise!

IMG_0198a.jpg

Thank you so much! How far from the water do you think that deck is? It looks so close. Love the sea life photo! More please :)

I wonder if it would be possible to get another table from somewhere, then we could play cards.

DSC03206a.jpg

DSC03208a.jpg

IMG_0198a.jpg

Thank you so much! How far from the water do you think that deck is? It looks so close. Love the sea life photo! More please :)

I wonder if it would be possible to get another table from somewhere, then we could play cards.

DSC03206a.jpg

DSC03208a.jpg

IMG_0198a.jpg

DSC03206a.jpg

DSC03208a.jpg

IMG_0198a.jpg

This is my dream view down to Mexico...wonderful..thank you so much!!!

I'm not sure what deck you're referring too. But, if you mean Deck 3, we loved that deck. Just one flight of stairs up from the room! We hung out there a lot because it was always empty...like having your own giant balcony. They bring out lounge chairs during the day and you can feel the spray from the waves. I loved it! This is where we would go to get pictures of the sunsets.

Here's the deck just before sunset...when all the loungers have been removed. See how crowded it is...:D!

DSC03223a.jpg

And, my son at sunset!

IMG_0277a.jpg

I'm not sure what deck you're referring too. But, if you mean Deck 3, we loved that deck. Just one flight of stairs up from the room! We hung out there a lot because it was always empty...like having your own giant balcony. They bring out lounge chairs during the day and you can feel the spray from the waves. I loved it! This is where we would go to get pictures of the sunsets.

Here's the deck just before sunset...when all the loungers have been removed. See how crowded it is...:D!

DSC03223a.jpg

And, my son at sunset!

IMG_0277a.jpg

I'm sorry, I was talking about the view from your cabin window. It looks so close to the water.

I'm sure I will spend a lot of time with my Kindle on deck 3. Great pic of your son!

Thanks again!

• 4 years later...

We share the same concern I see. I searched online diligently to find pictures because looking at the cruise deck plan the room just seems to have more space than the average Ocean View room.

Based on the responses on your thread, and others on other threads, I've decided that Hubby & I will just try it for ourselves so we can decided if we can handle the vibrations or not when we sail Jan. 2017 :)

Edited by TweetyK81
Grammar