Vis points redemption ?

I spent nearly an hour trying to do this last night. The first guy i spoke to at BOA had no idea what he was doing, and I followed his advice only to start over again at the beginning. Most important advice...make sure BOA gives you certificate number. They may tell you they can't, but RCI requires it. Demand that BOA give it to you, if they tell you they can't, ask to speak to a supervisor....they can give it to you, it just requires extra work on their part. I sent quite an e-mail to RCI complaining about the whole process. To have to make 2 phone calls, receive something in the mail, and then mail it to RCI is just about as stupid as it can be. Come on people, we live in the computer age! Sorry, that being said, the directions on the RCI web site are accurate, BOA just does not know how to do it!

I can speak to OBC only, not upgrades or free cruises.

I have not had difficulty redeeming my BOA points for RCCL but I do agree that it seems silly to call BOA, explain how many points you want to redeem, then wait for certificates to arrive. After that you still have to mail them to RCCL. Sometimes you can't check to see the application of OBC until day 2 of cruise.

BOA also has the Worldpoints that you can redeem with NCL. That is a piece of cake as one phone call to the Worldpoints number allows you to redeem the credits directly with/to NCL. You find a voucher in your cabin which needs to be turned in at guest services and you are all set.

In this electronic age you would think that all such transactions could go through electronically.

Archived