Help with Online Registration

hershey4

I am having a heck of a time completing my online registration. I feel stupid, but here goes:

We are sailing on the Century on August 7. We are arriving in Vancouver, however, on August 4. Are THESE the dates I fill in for arrival date and departure??

The previous question asks me how we are arriving to our PORT of departure. Well, I am getting to Vancouver via plane, but I will be arriving to the actual ship via taxi. Do I answer taxi??

Then, it asks me for arrival hour and departure hour. Should I list the FLIGHT times...even though I'm arriving 3 days before the cruise??

Thanks for any and all help for this first time cruiser!!

I am having a heck of a time completing my online registration. I feel stupid, but here goes:

We are sailing on the Century on August 7. We are arriving in Vancouver, however, on August 4. Are THESE the dates I fill in for arrival date and departure??

The previous question asks me how we are arriving to our PORT of departure. Well, I am getting to Vancouver via plane, but I will be arriving to the actual ship via taxi. Do I answer taxi??

Then, it asks me for arrival hour and departure hour. Should I list the FLIGHT times...even though I'm arriving 3 days before the cruise??

Thanks for any and all help for this first time cruiser!!

Its only for guidance for them...you don't have to be super accurate.

Put the ships sailing dates (eg Aug 7), you will arrive by taxi, guesstimate your arr and dep at/from the ship. Say 1130 for arr, and 0900 for dep. You will be asked on the ship for your 'onward travel plans' so they can schedule your departure in plenty of time for your flight home.

Simon

Don't feel so stupid - I don't think any of us really know the "correct" answers to those questions - and this is my 3rd cruise with Celebrity - I can't remember what I put last time!!

We fly to Amsterdam, arrive on the 4th and sail on the 7th. I put down we'd "arrive by taxi". We dock in Istanbul at 6am and are staying there for 4 days. There was some question about leaving - I thought they meant the ship - so I put down 9am and a response scolded me that I had to give more time before we flew out!!

I don't even think Celebrity looks at them since we always get a disembarkation survey towards the end of the trip - so I think you could put anything on the registration form and it wouldn't matter - Just watch, I'm saying this, they're reading this and now I'm in trouble!!!

Have a GREAT cruise and hope the Captain's makes more sense!!!

I think what they are looking for is how and when you are arriving at the port city to get to to the ship. They want to know ahead of time information such as if you are arriving by plane to an airport 1 hour away from the port just 2 hours before the ship leaves, or departing by train one 1-1/2 hours after the ship is due to arrive from a train terminal 45 minutes away, both of which would be extremely risky in my opinion. That way they can contact you and try to get you to change your arrival or departure time far enough to better guarantee you will be able to make whatever connections you are needing. No cruiseline wants to have to deal with passengers missing their ship or not having enough time to get to the airport after the cruise. This would mean headaches for everyone involved, including the cruiseline who would inevitably be blamed for not warning the passenger ahead of time the amount of time they needed.

So, I include the filght arrival date and time, and the flight departure date and time. That way they can assess if I have enough time. BTW: we always, and I mean always, arrive the day before our departure date. On at least one occasion our connecting flight was cancelled due to weather conditions and we had to fly in the next morning. By planning on the day early arrival we still made it on time.

Thanks! I just got off the phone with Celebrity. I must have spent close to 25 minutes on the phone, but they walked me through everything.

Please, many of us are still wondering what their real reasons are. What did Celebrity say?

Dianne ~ Thank you!

Boogs was completely correct - I'm sure - except the questions should be worded better! Worded so we can all understand what they want to know - not just guess at it! I'm think the "suits" who, I'm sure are making fabulous salaries, should actually read the responses and also these boards - I know some officers say they do! - and realize how people can get so frustrated because often the questions are so unclear!

But, unfortunately, that the business world that exists today! Last Thursday, exactly a week ago, we finally opened a CapitalOne account and applied for their credit card (thanks Dianne, partly because of your post!). We've never dealt with CapitalOne before. This evening I get a phone call from the customer relations department asking me to take a survey. How would I rate my relationship with CaptialOne? I don't want to go into the responses that went though my mind, so I nicely explained that I only went there one week ago and havne't had any other dealings with them! She didn't have an answer so she went on to question #2 - how likely am I to recommend them to a friend who wants to open a new account? Again I asked her how could I rate them after just one week. I really don't think she got it!!!!! And it isn't her fault - she sounded just out of school and I did feel sorry for her! I need a vacation!!!!!!!!!!!

We also just opened up a Capital One account to not have to pay foreign transaction fees in Vancouver. No one called us up, though. But, that reminds me: I still have to call the number on the back of the card to activate it. I wonder if we'll get the call after it's activated??;)

Archived