Valor itinerary change 4/14/12

jtonra

Just received word today that the cruise I just booked last weekend has been changed from a (mostly) Western to an Eastern. It was Nassau, Grand Turk, Ocho Rios, Grand Cayman. Now we've got San Juan, St Thomas, St Maarten, Grand Turk. I am totally bummed out about this as we're fully commited now with air and everything already booked. I never would have booked this particular itinerary. I know I can change it but I'll probably just end up keeping it as the other people in the group we're with don't like the other available options. I know that they reserve the right to do this to us but I really think this sucks.

Sorry, just had to get that off my chest. I feel better now.

We were due to book the same cruise tomorrow after months of planning. We have booked the flights from London to MIA and have paid a deposit on our wedding for April 19th when we were supposed to stop in Jamaica on a B2B.

This has caused somewhat of a headache as we now have to decide on changing to the Freedom or if we should continue on the Valor and get married the following week, I think we would bbe good to change the date and time, but we were hoping that the second week could be combined as a honeymoon.

I have checked the Carnival website constantly and noticed the change this morning, upon callin Carnival they said they have changed it due to 'theme cruises'.

The worry now is, if we continue on the Valor or change to the Freedom, are they likely to change another schedule? I know I would have been pretty pissed had they changed it after we had booked.

this was on John Healds Facebook:

David Hill - All 7-day sailings on the Carnival Valor between January 15, 2012 and April 29, 2012 were cancelled. In turn, we opened alternating 6 & 8 day cruises. The 6-day cruises visit Key West, Grand Cayman & Ocho Rios. The 8-day cruises are Eastern Caribbean. Depending on the sate, we visit Grand Turk, San Juan, St. Maarten, & St. Thomas or St. Thomas, Antigua, Tortola, & Nassau.

this was on John Healds Facebook:

David Hill - All 7-day sailings on the Carnival Valor between January 15, 2012 and April 29, 2012 were cancelled. In turn, we opened alternating 6 & 8 day cruises. The 6-day cruises visit Key West, Grand Cayman & Ocho Rios. The 8-day cruises are Eastern Caribbean. Depending on the sate, we visit Grand Turk, San Juan, St. Maarten, & St. Thomas or St. Thomas, Antigua, Tortola, & Nassau.

I believe these were cancelled ages ago. We have been booked on the 8 day, but to different ports for 3 months. Going to Grand Turk, Grand Cayman, Ocho Rios, and Nassau on the Valor on March 17, 2012.

In fact it was announced on March 29. See here: http://carnival-news.com/2011/03/29/carnival-valor-to-operate-series-of-six-and-eight-day-caribbean-cruises-from-miami-in-2012/

This change worked out very well for us as we wanted dto go to Aruba. When we hard of this we cancelled a cruise on the Dream (ES 50 pp) and booked Valor in Jan.

Same here, we picked that same itinerary that goes to Aruba as well...I would be upset too if they changed the ports because we picked soley on the ports for this cruise.

Having been to all these ports you mention. I feel you now have better ports

than you did before.

You will have a great time in these ports.

It's a cruise so we'll have a great time not matter what but... I've been to all the ports on BOTH itineraries with the exception of Grand Turk. If I had to choose between them (which I did), I'd choose the ones on the first itinerary. That's why I'm pissed.

I believe these were cancelled ages ago. We have been booked on the 8 day, but to different ports for 3 months. Going to Grand Turk, Grand Cayman, Ocho Rios, and Nassau on the Valor on March 17, 2012.

In fact it was announced on March 29. See here: http://carnival-news.com/2011/03/29/carnival-valor-to-operate-series-of-six-and-eight-day-caribbean-cruises-from-miami-in-2012/

That press release says:

Three different four-port, eight-day cruise itineraries will be offered on a rotating basis from Jan. 21 through Oct. 27, 2012. The itineraries include:

◦Eastern/western Caribbean cruises calling at Grand Cayman, Ocho Rios, Grand Turk and Nassau

◦Eastern Caribbean cruises featuring stops at St. Thomas, Antigua, Tortola and Nassau

◦Eastern/southern Caribbean cruises to Grand Turk, La Romana (Dominican Republic), Curacao and Aruba

I would be happy with any of those but what we got was "none of the above".

We also were notified yesterday of the change in itinerary from GC, OR, and Nassau to San Juan, St. Thomas, and St. Maarten. Having been to all the ports except for Grand Turk, I am just glad that Carnival did not remove that one. As for the comment that the itineraries were changed "ages ago", we booked on 6/28.

Sailingbrit, I hope it all works out for your wedding and BTB.

To paraphrase another poster, it is still a cruise and 8 days at sea is better than 8 days at home!

Just received word today that the cruise I just booked last weekend has been changed from a (mostly) Western to an Eastern. It was Nassau, Grand Turk, Ocho Rios, Grand Cayman. Now we've got San Juan, St Thomas, St Maarten, Grand Turk. I am totally bummed out about this as we're fully commited now with air and everything already booked. I never would have booked this particular itinerary. I know I can change it but I'll probably just end up keeping it as the other people in the group we're with don't like the other available options. I know that they reserve the right to do this to us but I really think this sucks.

Sorry, just had to get that off my chest. I feel better now.

Having been to all of the ports in both itineraries, except Grand Turk, I think the new route is much better. Read reviews about the ports and you'll find lots of nice things to see and do.

I would be very wary of planning a wedding based on a port call of a cruise ship! :eek: ports get changed for many reasons all the time. I would be a nervous wreck!

Me too- if the weather is really bad-- or if there a storm brewing your ship can be rerouted.

Sad that you were able to book this cruise last weekend-

We were booked the valor which changed quite a bit ago- We are now booked on the Legend which was going to the same ports as the Valor was.

We also were notified yesterday of the change in itinerary from GC, OR, and Nassau to San Juan, St. Thomas, and St. Maarten. Having been to all the ports except for Grand Turk, I am just glad that Carnival did not remove that one. As for the comment that the itineraries were changed "ages ago", we booked on 6/28.

Sailingbrit, I hope it all works out for your wedding and BTB.

To paraphrase another poster, it is still a cruise and 8 days at sea is better than 8 days at home!

Thanks we are now all booked up on a b2b on the Freedom, arriving in Jamaica on the 19th as we origionally wanted. As it happens we have only had to change the time of the wedding by bringing it forward 1 hour.

On top of that, we then get more ports and Ive not been down to the southern Caribbean so that excites me, whereas my fiance has never been to the Caribbean so as long as we get to Jamaica, shes happy to go anywhere.

Bit irionic though, on the 'Freedom' to get married :D

Archived