RCCL shipped one of my suitcases to me 5 days after disembarkation

On my Allure July 10 cruise, I opted to use Luggage Valet since i had a late afternoon flight and did not want to deal with luggage before flying home - I have used luggage valet before and has always worked great. I was flying Southwest. When I got off plane in Hartford, only one of my two bags were there. I asked SWA rep 3 times if two bags were checked, since I did not have the bag claims. She said yes. They started a search. I did leave a couple of messages with RCCL and never heard from them.

Today I got a 40 pound package via FedEx with my bag shipped from RCCL - no note, no explanation, nothing.

I am glad I got the bag back (everthing there) it would have been nice if someone from RCCL called or emailed me. I did not keep on bugging RCCL because I thought SWA lost the bag. I am also glad it got misplaced going HOME.

No I did nto get a claim check for bag - SWA told me I had 2 bags checked - but when I looked at my lost luggage report from the airline, the claim check # was for the bag I got.

Oh well, a mystery, glad it worked out.,

Archived