Solo Cruise Seabourn vs. Other lines

E Heffa

I've really been thinking about doing a solo cruise and have always drooled at the Seabourn cruises. If I'm going to have to spend extra money for being a solo, I might as go all out, right?

What really makes Seabourn worth the increased price in itineraries? I would probably do a 7-10 day Carib round trip out of MIA or FLL....

Thanks for any pearls of wisdom.

Price wise, Seabourn would not qualify as single friendly. The sole occupancy supplement is 150% or 175%, the latter being more the standard. From a value perspective Silversea, with a comparable product, now advertises many cruises for a 110% to 125% single supplement and a generous OBC with potentially thousands of savings for solo cruisers depending on cruise. It depends on your preferences if the premium is acceptable.

For what its worth, met two solo cruisers on a recent Seabourn cruise, who "jumped ship" to Silversea because of the difference, while another remains committed to Seabourn.

I also suggest that for your first cruise you should consider one of the little sisters. Their environments are much more conducive to meeting people and personalized service. IMHO!

If you look they are about the same price Seabourn and SilverSea like 10% difference what you are looking for

I got a email from SS this week and saw this has a 10-25 supplement Do not know if these is what you are looking for but thought I would post it. You need to sign up on both their sites and get the specials

Date: Feb 26 2012 Ship: Silver Cloud Duration: 10 days Voyage Code: 1208

Archived