Booking question

We are currently cruisers of Carnival and I was looking at RCCL Freedom for Halloween of 2012. I looked under the suites and it says they are ALL booked. Is this normal for RCCL cruises to have ALL the suites booked over a year in advance??

I got the last JS on my april jewel cruise. Only higher priced suites left.

One thing to consider, diamond and above get $100 off the price of balconys and higher, so I think they lean toward them to get their discount.

Carnival gives you nothing with a suite except a bigger cabin, so they dont book up as fast.

Not always, but yes on certain cruises suites can book up pretty early. As it´s a long way off you ´have to keep checking, as I´m sure some are coming up again.

I know a couple of years ago I was rather late in booking (like only 10 month or so in advance) and I had trouble to get a suite. I had to start with a balcony to get on the boat and then along the way changed several times until I got as close to what I wanted as possible.

Having said all that, if you looked Saturday night, try again on Monday as over the weekend they do maintenance on the website and often information is messed up.

Don't forget, TA's get blocks of rooms held for them until a certain date, whatever it may be, and if they don't sell the room it is put back into an available status. Don't know if you are booking yourself or using a TA but I would keep, or ask the TA to keep, checking as a suite may become available at a later date.

I got the last JS on my april jewel cruise. Only higher priced suites left.

One thing to consider, diamond and above get $100 off the price of balconys and higher, so I think they lean toward them to get their discount.

Carnival gives you nothing with a suite except a bigger cabin, so they dont book up as fast.

Balcony discounts are offered to Platinum C&A Members and above.

Thanks guys..I just thought it was weird that EVERY suite is already gone for a western caribbean cruise..I can see where certain suites would be sold out but EVERY type of suite just blew my mind..I will keep checking as you all recommended :)

We started looking for a Grand Suite on FOS for the 7/31/11 sailing on about 6/15/11; there was absoultely nothing available. I looked every day for something to open up....suddenly, on about 6/26/11 there were 5 of those GS cabins to choose from. --I booked, and paid for the cruise 2 days later (and got an incredible deal).

As someone else mentioned, keep trying.

**Edited to add, I seem to recall a thread about a large (biker) group cruising FOS over Halloween...'Hogs on High Seas' or something like that? ...not certain it's for 2012 sailing again, but you might want to do a search.

**Edited to add, I seem to recall a thread about a large (biker) group cruising FOS over Halloween...'Hogs on High Seas' or something like that? ...not certain it's for 2012 sailing again, but you might want to do a search.

OMG thank you so much for this...We enjoy traveling over Halloween because we don't really do the "trick or treat" thing but our kids like dressing up and we have found that a vacation over Halloween allows them to dress up and get a little candy without going "overboard" with it. We have enjoyed Disney World over Halloween and thought a cruise would be a nice alternative. RCCL states they have Halloween activities and a trick or treat so this is why we were looking into FOL. Maybe I should look at a different ship..again thanks.

Archived