Renewal of Vows -- Carnival Cruise

We are interested in renewing our vows for our anniversary on our upcoming Carnival Cruise. Our wedding was wonderful, but included everyone under the sun. This time we wanted it to just be us. I noticed that the Carnival package listed on their web-site is for 8 people -- Couple and 6 guests. Are we just weird that we would like it to be just the two of us? Also, would they even do the ceremony with just the two of us? Just curious what the opinion of others are.

I don't know how Carival does vow renewals, but I watched a vow renewal ceremony on HAL and they had four couples doing it at the same time, so it wasn't just two people.

No, it's not strange to just want both of you there. Personally, I'd rather do this on a beach on one of the port stops, but you certainly can do it with no guests.

Congratulations, BigZfan! Not sure about Carnival, but we renewed our vows for our 25th anniversary this past March on the Celebrity Century. It was just the two of us and we thought it was perfect in every way.

There have been a couple of threads this week about vow renewals, so I will write a more detailed review and put up a thread tonight ot tomorrow.

We originally looked into doing our 10th Anniversary Vow Renewal on our cruise on Carnival in September, but found that it really wasn't worth it for the money they wanted. They weren't really willing to work with us on when and where to have it, and they even wanted extra money to play our own CD instead of theirs. We decided to do a beach vow renewal instead. We were able to narrow our selection down to only a minister and a cake, and we are having fresh flowers delivered. We have only 4 guests and didn't need all the other frills. If we miss the port for some reason, it's not a big deal - we'll just do it another time, but if everything goes well, it will be beautiful and how we want it instead of being limited in our decisions through Carnival.

Archived