Three Questions...Carnival Dream! SOOOO EXCITED!

madyson007

1. I have always heard wonderful things about the food on Carnival...what is the one Appetizer: Entree: Dessert: and Buffet Item: we should not miss?

2. Are there any tucked away secret places to eat that we should know about on Carnival Cruises?

3. We did the 6:00 pm seating but were also offered the seating whenever option. I was wondering which was better? My guess is that If you do a certain seating your table is ready. The second option you must wait until something opens up. I kind of liked the idea of planning my day around dinner especially for my children. They get cranky when they are hungry and the waiting thing goes down hill fast. In the first option do you sit with the same people or just as a family of 4?

PS We are going on the Carnival Dream at the end of August, I would love to hear about this ship specifically, food, shows, camp...anything special?

1. I have always heard wonderful things about the food on Carnival...what is the one Appetizer: Entree: Dessert: and Buffet Item: we should not miss? chilled soups, warm chocolate melting cake, and bitter and blanc. I don't really have a favorite entree, and IMO Carnival has the worst buffet on the seas. The pizza and deli (which are located in the buffet area) are also very popular and have good food.

2. Are there any tucked away secret places to eat that we should know about on Carnival Cruises? Don't know of any secret places, but my children love the tuna sandwiches from room service. Also good from room service is the beef and brie sandwich, and the chocolate cake.

3. We did the 6:00 pm seating but were also offered the seating whenever option. I was wondering which was better? My guess is that If you do a certain seating your table is ready. The second option you must wait until something opens up. I kind of liked the idea of planning my day around dinner especially for my children. They get cranky when they are hungry and the waiting thing goes down hill fast. In the first option do you sit with the same people or just as a family of 4? We always do open seating. Have since it became available. For set seating you usually sit with other people. Once we had 10 (all family) and they sat another couple at our table. It was a 10 top......... that was awkward.

PS We are going on the Carnival Dream at the end of August, I would love to hear about this ship specifically, food, shows, camp...anything special?

See above.

Don't be afraid of having tablemates....99% of the time, it's sooooo much fun! Most every single person onboard is there to have fun, just like you! Ask to be at a LARGE table, that way, you won't be seated with just 1 other couple....you may be seated with another family or two...the kids can chat, and so can the adults!

1. I have always heard wonderful things about the food on Carnival...what is the one Appetizer: Entree: Dessert: and Buffet Item: we should not miss?: Appetizer -- Fried mozzarella is good and their shrimp cocktails are to die for, Entree -- Love their lamb chops, Dessert -- Grand Marnier souffle, Buffet item -- Chicken tenders at the grill

2. Are there any tucked away secret places to eat that we should know about on Carnival Cruises?: There is a grill type thing (can't remember what the name is) that do outside on the promenade during lunch time. Look in your fun times for it.

3. We did the 6:00 pm seating but were also offered the seating whenever option. I was wondering which was better? My guess is that If you do a certain seating your table is ready. The second option you must wait until something opens up. I kind of liked the idea of planning my day around dinner especially for my children. They get cranky when they are hungry and the waiting thing goes down hill fast. In the first option do you sit with the same people or just as a family of 4?: For early seating, you sit with the same people every night. You might get a table for just your family, but you're likely to be seated with other people.

PS We are going on the Carnival Dream at the end of August, I would love to hear about this ship specifically, food, shows, camp...anything special?: Do the waterslide!

See above

Hi there,

I have sailed the Dream twice.. Most recent being last month, I'm actually currently writing a review on here about my experience & it has a ton of photos. Here is the link if you are interested:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1445157

But to answer your questions..

Appetizer: Escargot, Potato Soup, New England Crab Cake, Spaghetti Carbonara are my favorites. Hard to pick just one!!

Entree: Definitely the Prime Rib, ordered medium rare and topped with Au Jus gravy & served with a baked potato and creamed spinach. The Veal Parmigana and Lobster Tail are also delicious.

Dessert: Warm Chocolate Melting Cake, obviously. Bitter and Blanc is also great. The Key Lime Pie served for dessert during lunch at the Lido Buffet is the best.

Buffet: Definitely the meat carvings. Very moist and tender -- never dry. But since you are going on the Dream specifically, make sure you try the Pasta Bar and Burrito Bar for lunch sometime during the week. Very good food served there!

Don't miss out on the Lanai BBQ's served outside on Deck 5 on sea days. Very good sliders, Carnival hot dogs, quesidilas and steak tacos. Go to the Pasta Bar on embarkation day, once people discover it, it gets busy! If you like small sandwiches and pastries, try Tea Time at 3:00 in the Main Dining Room.

I like 6:00 seating because you get the same waiters every night and it's a bit of a more personal experience. Plus your table will always be ready for you. With AnyTime Dining, you can request to have the same waiter team but that might extend your wait time if they are already serving guests. You most likely won't sit with others if you choose AnyTime Dining. With 6:00, you can request to the Maitre D to be seated alone if that is your preference. AnyTime Dining allows you to eat between 5:45 PM - 9:30 PM. If you miss your 6:00 seating one night, don't be afraid to just eat at the buffet for dinner. Great food is served there as well & you don't have to follow a dress code. A few options off the Main Dining Room menu appear at the buffet.

For other details.. Just ask me or read the review I have started :)

Archived