Tabyana Beach Transportation

vtwiggy

We have heard such wonderful things about the snorkeling at Tabyana Beach that this has turned into a must-do for our cruise in December. The "Tabyana Beach Break" package through Carnival is $40 per person (there will be 2 of us) and includes transportation and snorkeling gear. I am wondering if it is worthwhile to just go through Carnival for this excursion or how easy/cheap it would be to get transportation and snorkeling gear elsewhere and how much money it would save. This will be a short day for us, I think we dock from 8-3 so I don't want to have to spend a lot of time looking for a way to get back to the boat. What are your experiences?

Thanks!

We'd suggest that you book with Carnival which is what we do on each cruise there.

If not, you have a looong walk to & thru the gate to the outside of the pier area where the local tour vendors & cabs are.

You could get a cab & go to one of the local resorts there but I doubt that you'd save any $$.

This is probably one of the very few ports where we book a tour with the cruise line.

Some of the BEST snorkeling there is anywhere & right from the walk in beach.

Enjoy Roatan.

PS; we prefer the first bus to Tayabana so as to arrive early for our pick of a shady spot.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived