Water Island Bike Trip?

travelin_nat

Hi - We are traveling on RCI's Freedom on 10/9. Looking for feedback on the Water Island Bike Trip - literature says you must be in excellent health, but it looks like the biking is down hill. Any f/b on this excursion? Strenuous? Worth the money? Thanks for the help! :)

Hi - We are traveling on RCI's Freedom on 10/9. Looking for feedback on the Water Island Bike Trip - literature says you must be in excellent health, but it looks like the biking is down hill. Any f/b on this excursion? Strenuous? Worth the money? Thanks for the help! :)

I am thinking about doing this excursion for an up and coming cruise in November. You may want to check out the reviews on Trip Advisor I don't believe it is that physical as most of the bike riding is downhill.

I am thinking about doing this excursion for an up and coming cruise in November. You may want to check out the reviews on Trip Advisor I don't believe it is that physical as most of the bike riding is downhill.

Thanks, Art. We settled on the Turtle Cove with power snorkel. It got good reviews as well. So many choices.....

Nat

• 1 year later...

Hi - We were on Allure of the Seas in July and signed up for the Water Island Bike Tour. We enjoyed the trip very much. The folks who run the tour are also the owners, and so I felt very comfortable and safe. We were guided the entire way (walk from ship to dock, boat to Water Island, Vehicle to take us to the top of Water Island, and of course the bike ride. Once we came back to Honeymoon Beach, we had ample time to relax, swim, and order a burger and a cocktail. We were then bused back to the Water Island dock, and accompanied on the boat returning to the dock near the ship. On top of that, each guide (there were 3) had interesting stories of life on Water Island, and provided a wonderful history as well. It seems the more I travel, everything starts to look the same. This was a great departure from that - a truly unique experience.:)

• 2 weeks later...
Hi - We were on Allure of the Seas in July and signed up for the Water Island Bike Tour. We enjoyed the trip very much. The folks who run the tour are also the owners, and so I felt very comfortable and safe. We were guided the entire way (walk from ship to dock, boat to Water Island, Vehicle to take us to the top of Water Island, and of course the bike ride. Once we came back to Honeymoon Beach, we had ample time to relax, swim, and order a burger and a cocktail. We were then bused back to the Water Island dock, and accompanied on the boat returning to the dock near the ship. On top of that, each guide (there were 3) had interesting stories of life on Water Island, and provided a wonderful history as well. It seems the more I travel, everything starts to look the same. This was a great departure from that - a truly unique experience.:)

Are there any chairs on the beach? Any kind of beach rentals at all on Honeymoon Beach? I've heard about the beach and the two food stands but nothing about any other lounge/beach chairs. Thanks for your insight!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived