Review of Elation, Mobile, and Cozumel and Progreso

ckdmom

Our first time to (not so) Progreso was also our last time to (not so) Progreso. We had a terrible experience there and IF we ever take another cruise that stops in (not so) Progreso, we will just stay on the ship.

Maybe other folks have had different experiences there? I usually don't complain about a cruise, but (not so) Progreso was simply awful in our opinion.

We just got off the Ecstasy with stops in Progresso & Cozumel. We were NOT impressed with Progresso or our excursion (Did the short Mayan ruin trip to Dz...). Tour guide was awful, we ditched him & toured the ruins ourselves THEN we had fun.

We just got off the Ecstasy with stops in Progresso & Cozumel. We were NOT impressed with Progresso or our excursion (Did the short Mayan ruin trip to Dz...). Tour guide was awful, we ditched him & toured the ruins ourselves THEN we had fun.

Just wondering , was your excursion in Progreso booked through Carnival or through perhaps Autoprogreso?

I have been to DZ three times with Autoprogreso and each time I thought the guide was excellent.

Just wondering , was your excursion in Progreso booked through Carnival or through perhaps Autoprogreso?

I have been to DZ three times with Autoprogreso and each time I thought the guide was excellent.

Booked through Carnival. He talked about the place in Mexico where he grew up (near the TX border) & about Mexican customs to a group of Texan tourists. Believe me we are very familiar with Mexican culture living in TX. Not any mention of Mayan culture which is what I wanted to learn about or the ruins we were looking at! We could hear other tour guides & we joined another group for a bit & the guide was good...I think we just had bad luck on the tour guide we got. I did have fun once we left our guide exploring the ruins because you can climb on them & take tons of pics & explore wherever you want.

We cruise in 13 days...I've seen some "luke-warm" reviews, which make me a little nervous. However, we are not too picky. What did you like the best about the ship?

That is a hard question! We loved the kids clubs and our 2 youngest would say they were the best part. I never worried about leaving the kids there. I loved the dinners in the Imagination Dining Room. It was so nice to be waited on hand and foot. I also loved that my bed was turned down with chocolates every night.....makes you feel like someone special (even though 2000 others are getting the same treatment). And I loved talking to and meeting new people~in the hallway, elevator, by the pool~everywhere!

Archived