Embassy Suites Fort Lauderdale

Karencruiser43

Has anybody stayed at the Embassy Suites on 17th street in FLL precruise, if so is the port within walking distance, it says 4 blocks? Thanks for any help!

No, the port is not within walking distance and a bit dangerous anyway.

There are dozens of threads regarding the ES just use the search function at the top of the page.

The Embassy Suites has shuttle buses going to the pier. They have reasonably priced packages that include shuttle pickup at FLL + room + shuttle to pier the next morning.

Seems to me they will also arrange a post-cruise pickup as well if you decide to stay another night (or more), and then shuttle you to FLL whenever you need to go.

Anyways. I wouldn't walk from the ES to the port. Especially dragging luggage behind me. The port entrance/security didn't look very pedestrian friendly to me. And if you make it beyond that point it can still be a fair distance to the actual pier where your specific ship is. There are people on the Princess boards who have done the walk, but Princess ships are typically docked closest to the port entrance, so the walk is at least minimalized for those using that cruiseline. Still too far for me though, and I don't mind walking.

Archived