Royal Babies & Tots Nursery - Do they provide meals for children?

MikeC1610

Hi

We are going on the Radiance of the Seas in February 2012 with our to be 22 month old. We have read lots about the Royal Babies & Tots Nursery but are unable to find out whether the children are fed whilst at the Nursery.

Can someone with experience of the Nursery help out with this one? Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

They will take the kids to lunch if you want. When you drop the child off, you let the "counselor" know that the child will be staying through lunch. I know that they at least do this on in-port days, so that parents do not have to come back to eat lunch on the ship with their kids. I would call RCI. I found them very helpful, and able to research something if they did not have the answer on hand.

I recall reading in the paperwork that others have posted that they will feed the little one's, but I am unsure if you need to bring the food with you. I know that you have to bring formula and they suggested bringing any snacks that you would like them to have, but I was also wondering about actual meals.

While it is easy to send some formula and cheerios, it may be more difficult to send other food.

In July, we sailed on FOS with my 2-year old. They served him meals when we left him in the nursery - lunch and dinner - little sandwiches, chicken fingers, pizza, fruit, cookies, etc.

Thanks good to know. I figured that the staff wouldn't just sit there and listen to babies yell for food, but I've seen weirder cruiseline policies.

In July, we sailed on FOS with my 2-year old. They served him meals when we left him in the nursery - lunch and dinner - little sandwiches, chicken fingers, pizza, fruit, cookies, etc.

Great. Thanks for the response. We figured that they would feed ther children, particularly when you are paying $8 an hour.

we were on allure in february and they did NOT provide more than juice and cookies to the babies/tots. if you wanted them to eat anything else (milk, sandwich, etc.) you had to bring it yourself. it may have changed since we sailed, but thats how it was a few months ago. we never left DD there during meal times, just in the afternoon. we left milk for her (she doesnt drink juice) and some fruit, and let her have a few cookies if she was hungry.

We were on the Allure in May, dropped off our then 12 month old daughter at the Nursery and they DID feed her if it overlapped with lunch or dinner -- I left a bottle with milk so that she could drink from something she was familiar with; however, they gave her fruit, chicken fingers, crackers, etc.

You can ask them what is being fed..and if you'd like your child to eat something else, you have to bring it.

We were on the Allure in May, dropped off our then 12 month old daughter at the Nursery and they DID feed her if it overlapped with lunch or dinner -- I left a bottle with milk so that she could drink from something she was familiar with; however, they gave her fruit, chicken fingers, crackers, etc.

You can ask them what is being fed..and if you'd like your child to eat something else, you have to bring it.

Thanks for the info. Good to know how these things actually work.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi

We are going on the Radiance of the Seas in February 2012 with our to be 22 month old. We have read lots about the Royal Babies & Tots Nursery but are unable to find out whether the children are fed whilst at the Nursery.

Can someone with experience of the Nursery help out with this one? Thanks

hi there where you say you herd a bit i was wondering my son will be the same age what programs have you herd for them do they offer babysitting if needed will they change nappys and also i see daycare/nursery with that do the parents need to be with them or is it like kids club

thanks

• 4 months later...

We got off the LOS in December and they did provide meals to the Toddlers if you wanted them to. However, it may not be something your Toddler likes or will eat. If you brought your own food with (from the buffet or anywhere else on the ship) they would feed them that too. I knew some people ordered room service and then brought that to the nursery for them to feed their child. I brought snacks with me from home and they gave my DD what I had brought. Overall, they were very accommodating.

Archived