Open Ocean Dolphin Swim

TriciaEMTB

First, we have not done this particular excursion, but we did do the "swimming with dolphins" excursion two weeks ago. It is operated by the same group. We were able to take as many of our own pictures as we wanted. Definitely not a problem. The people are very nice and explained the open water swim. You will have a great time. (They will have flippers for you for the actual swim, but I would definitely take water shoes, the pavement can get hot when boarding the boat.)

Fantastic! We get into port at 8am, and the excursion starts at 815. I assume because it's booked through carnival they will make sure we get off in time, right? I read somewhere that it takes like 30 minutes to get off the boat once it pulls into port.

The good thing about booking thru the cruise line is that the excursion will not start until after the ship docks and the ship will not leave you behind. It will just take a few minutes to get off the ship and the buses will be right out on the dock. It is very well organized.

• 4 months later...
how was it? we are thinking about it for our Feb 27th trip.

Do it do it do it! It was so amazing. There was only two others. The ride out to the dolphins was really fun. We got to swim with them for at least 30 minutes before we did the tricks and dorsal fin ride. You could dive down with them and everything. It was serene and awesome.

There is just something amazing about diving down and swimming along side and listening to the dolphin "talk" under the water.

The water was really rough (snorkel excursions got cancelled that day because it was so rough) so it was a little winding and they ended up moving us into their little harbor for safety.

The only let down was the pictures. You couldnt take your camera in the water with you, and the pictures they took they will only sell on a disc for the hefty and inflated price of $40.

I wish I had bought the disc but sadly I didn't.

Is the excursion the deep water swim with half day at atlantis? We are thinking of booking for our cruise next week, but waiting for the weather forecast a few days before first. Any other info you can give us?

No. It's with unexso in Freeport

• 3 weeks later...
BETTER BOOK EARLY. We are 50 days out and the excursion is SOLD OUT :mad:. we were able to get one ticket but need two for the Ecstasy in Freeport on March 2nd i believe.

Mine eventually was sold out before sailing but once on board it was available again, three people must have cancelled because it ended up with only 3 of us on the excursion that takes six.

;) Got my fingers crossed and checking Carnival every day. I contacted the complany directly to see if I could walk on that day, but have not hear back from them yet. The excursion is $50 higher on their web site than on Carnival. That is different.

It's weird, right!?

I really hope you get to do it. That is easily one of the top experiences of my life. I would do it again in a heart beat, I was actually looking for something similar to it in Grand Caymen with no luck.

The interesting thing is that the open water swim is cheaper with Carnival but the dolphin swim in the enclosed area is more through Carnival. Both trips are with UNEXSO in Freeport. I wanted to book the open water one, but since it was at 8:15 and I didn't want to rush out in colder weather (maybe the 60's that early) or get in the cold water that early (I'm from Florida so anything under 76 degrees is freezing to me). So I booked the 11:30 am enclosed area dolphin swim instead. Hopefully it will at least be in the 70's by then and I will be more awake as well!

It's weird, right!?

I really hope you get to do it. That is easily one of the top experiences of my life. I would do it again in a heart beat, I was actually looking for something similar to it in Grand Caymen with no luck.

Try Capt Chip and stingraysailing.com in Grand Caymen. It is snorkling and stingrays in the open ocean. My wife and I loved it a couple years ago.

• 1 month later...

Archived