Golden Princess Hawaii Question??

hydrodriver831

We are considering the 14 day Golden Princess to Hawaii cruise and my DW is apprehensive because of the stories she has heard about the rough seas leaving L.A. and returning to L.A.. Is it really as bad as some have said? We have talked to crew members on the Golden that do the R/T Hawaii and they say it can be pretty rough. Thanks in advance for any opinions. I would really like to do this cruise, but not by myself.:)

Did the Golden to Hawaii in Jan 2011. Was a little rough the first two days out but got a lot nicer the last two days to Hawaii. Hawaii weather was beautiful. Same way going back, but cooler the closer we got to Mexico. Still a great cruise.

We did Hawaii on the Golden this past January. We are good sailors and had no problems. Did not find the dining rooms empty, a sure give-away that people are having a hard time. It tends to be cold and yes a little rocky the first 24 hours. We have done this cruise twice and have had no problems. My advice is if you are prone to motion sickness, be sure to medicate before boarding and continue for 2 days into the cruise. The rest of the cruise is smooth sailing. The last two days also cold, but most people have their sea legs by than and I do think they're less problems on the way back. To be sure, again take meds the last three days. It is a wonderful cruise!

We are considering the 14 day Golden Princess to Hawaii cruise and my DW is apprehensive because of the stories she has heard about the rough seas leaving L.A. and returning to L.A.. Is it really as bad as some have said? We have talked to crew members on the Golden that do the R/T Hawaii and they say it can be pretty rough. Thanks in advance for any opinions. I would really like to do this cruise, but not by myself.:)

We did that one last year also. On the way to Hawaii we did miss going out and laying in the sun or by the pool. It was too cold and rough. So you need to find something else to do.

The way back was the same. Had to stay inside most of the time for the same reasons. So we would not do this one again. We did meet some couples who have done this cruise multiple times. One was on a back to back! So to each his or her own. We love cruising and wanted to see H but I would look to alternatives. Just too many days inside....for us anyway.

Hi,

We did the Golden cruise in late Oct 2011 and like your DW, were also apprehensive. After flying from Australia for 14 hours, and being so tired, we would have slept through anything!!

We did experience a couple of rough days, but nothing too bad. Mind you, what is bad for one, is good fun for another. We certainly knew we were on a cruise ship, and as we said to the captain at the Cocktail party - "thanks for finding the speed bumps".

We did find the weather cold, the winds were savage and it certainly made walking around the decks rather interesting. We froze in Hawaii and didn't expect that, but we had a wonderful time.

Take some medication with you, be prepared and have a wonderful time.

This is one of the most wonderful cruises you will ever take! Of course you have to love the sea and ship life since there are many sea days. We have taken this cruise in December, November, April and March and are going again coming October and April. 2012. Yes you will feel some movement the first 2 days out and last 2 days back and the weather is on the cooler side but not cold side during those days. We are seniors and have never had seasickness problems on this trip, which I can not say for cruising the Tasmanian Sea from Sidney to Hobard,which will really rock the boat.I would not worry about becoming ill, just book a cabin mid ship on the lower decks, Carib deck has the largest balconies and Dolphin deck has great mini suits with full bathtubs/shower. Aloha, Gloria:)

Youll have a BLAST FOR SURE.....:D

We booked our crusie on the Golden November 9th for Hawaii....

Been on lots of cruises but its our first time in Hawaii....

We can deal with the ship rocking....Heck we just do some of the motion sickness pills and by the time I'm done drinking for the night, I dont feel the ship rocking at all...:D:D

WE CANT WAIT......Also We booked a AA Mini-Suite Mid Ship to also help with any rough conditions....

Archived