Carnival has better food compared to RCCL recently!

CapsR1

We were recently on the Serenade and our main complaint in the MDR was not as many choices on the menu as Carnival. I didn't notice so much a problem with the food itself, I am happy as long as I don't have to cook on vacation. It is just one more reason though why we prefer Carnival.

I hope the food on the Mariner out of Italy this Oct. on the TA is better..I know a lot depends on where they pick-up their supplies..We have not been on RCCL in about 10 years and I'm not paying every night to go eat...Dennis

I have been on carnival, celebrity,RCCL NCL, costa and holland I will vote that Carnival has the best food. There boats are not much to look at compare to the others but there food can stand with the best of them.

We have cruised RCI 10 times and have never been disappointed in the food. However, I would say that they haven't changed up their menus in a while and the food in the MDR has gotten a little boring in it's sameness. We were on our first Celebrity cruise last year and boy oh boy was that food good! So, for our first Carnival cruise in October we are really looking forward to a change especially since all of you have such great comments on their food.

I hope the food on the Mariner out of Italy this Oct. on the TA is better..I know a lot depends on where they pick-up their supplies..We have not been on RCCL in about 10 years and I'm not paying every night to go eat...Dennis

PLEASE let us know when you return. I'm curious to see if our experience was rare.

However, the point that one poster made regarding the higher costs of food procurement in Europe certainly makes sense which may be why the food we had on LOS in the U.S. 4 years ago was good.

Have a great cruise!

Archived