Cocoa Beach

mnsawyer

Haven't confirmed reservations for our pre-cruise stay in Orlando. Not sure if we want to stay at Cocoa Beach. Besides being close to the port, what are the advantages that make it better than staying in Orlando? What is the Cocoa Beach pier? Has anyone stayed at the Cocoa Beach Day's Inn? Know about the Radisson...too expensive for my budget.

The Cocoa Beach pier is a small pier with I think one place to eat. It's the main attraction in Cocoa Beach. Cocoa beach is the closest beach to Orlando and most of us who live in Orlando go to Cocoa for day trips to the beach. If the hotel is cheaper than Orlando and you want to stay at the beach, it may not be a bad idea. The beach isn't as nice as the gulf coast, but I always have a good time there.

The advantage is the beach. If you are arriving late, it won't make that much of a difference.

The Raddisson is closest to the port, with a free shuttle to the ship, has a great pool, but no beach.

This trip we opted to stay at Oceanside Inn, on the beach. Cocoa beach has a trolley that will take you up and down A1A all the way to the Cove at the port for only $1. If you like to shop, you got to go to Ron Jon's!

I believe there is more than one restaurant. Some of the ones mentioned to me was the Grille, The Boardwalk, Mai Tiki Bar, and Rusty's seafood.

Oh if you are into the astronaut thing, there is of course NASA and Astronaut Hall of Fame

Haven't confirmed reservations for our pre-cruise stay in Orlando. Not sure if we want to stay at Cocoa Beach. Besides being close to the port, what are the advantages that make it better than staying in Orlando? What is the Cocoa Beach pier? Has anyone stayed at the Cocoa Beach Day's Inn? Know about the Radisson...too expensive for my budget.

For goodness sake, go to the beach! I go there everyday (on the following website) and I live in Canada :)

We've stayed at both The Hampton and the Oceanside Inn (right ON the beach). Either is fine. Days Inn is in a good location close by.

http://www.twopalms.com/

My husband and I stayed there this past January. Not a luxury suite, but clean and affordable with continental breakfast. We went to the pier for dinner the evening we were there. The pier goes 800 ft. out into the ocean. They have a finer rest. inside and a nice casual outdoor eatery with live entertainment which was very reasonably priced. Have been there twice and both times they had live entertainment but I do not know if we just hit it lucky both times or if it is nightly. They also have a bar and a couple of shops that are open that weren't open the evening we were there. They even offer fishing poles for pier fishing during the day for I think it was $2 - $5 - very cheap anyway. Go to the Beach !!! Eating over the water and then walking down on the beach is a perfect ending to any day.

It is next door to Ron Jon's which is the greatest place to shop! The Comfort Inn is mostly suites which face a beautiful courtyard/pool area. They have a lounge area that has NTN trivia if you know what that is. They also will allow you to park there for free during your cruise and take their shuttle to the ship (about 15-20 minutes).

Rusty's is a great place... think a seafood version of Hooter's (girls wear blue shorts instead of orange) but a fun place. Also a good bar is Cocoanut's.... Hope you have a good time pre-cruise.

:o We stayed at the Radisson in Cocoa beach on our last cruise and will stay there again next month. The price for our suite was only $99. They have cheaper rooms too.

For us it was convenient because we did not have to rush and drive the 45 minutes from the airport the "day of" the cruise. Plus we were able the night before to go to the pier and just walk around and have dinner. IT was relaxing and enjoyable...plus the pool area and set up is really nice at the Radisson. Next morning grabbed the Radisson shuttle to the port...PIECE OF CAKE

Good luck with your choice!

Julie :D

Carnival GLORY - April 30th, 2005

RCL - Monarch of the Seas February 18, 05

Carnival PRIDE - May 3, 2003

• 2 weeks later...

CRUISED ON GLORY IN DEC. 2004. STAYED AT THE HAMPTON INN-VERY GOOD AND REASONABLY PRICED. DON'T MISS EATING AT FLORIDA SEAFOOD GRILL AND RESTAURANT... IT IS EXCELLENT. ALSO HAVE STAYED AT THE COURTYARD BY MARRIOT NEXT DOOR TO THE HAMPTON AND IT IS ALSO GREAT...

The beach isn't as nice as the gulf coast, but I always have a good time there.

As a former central Floridian, I have to agree with all the advice to stay in Cocoa. But I disagree with the above-quoted comment. I have always preferred the Atlantic beaches to the Gulf Coast.....I like the ocean's surf, which is often missing in the Gulf of Mexico.

I've also stayed at the Days Inn.... it is both clean and comfortable. Not the lap of luxury (I've never been in a Days Inn that is ;) ) but certainly worth the stay.

Archived