Playa Palancar or Paradise Beach

elifnena

I will be cursing on the Spirit next month and we wanted to do a free beach for the day. Just read reviews on both Playa Palancar or Paradise Beach and paradise people were complaining that staff are sometime rude and the BEACH is not clear.. Anyone been on any of these recently which one is better?.... :)

Thanks for your help pictures welcome!!!

I will be cursing on the Spirit next month and we wanted to do a free beach for the day. Just read reviews on both Playa Palancar or Paradise Beach and paradise people were complaining that staff are sometime rude and the BEACH is not clear.. Anyone been on any of these recently which one is better?.... :)

Thanks for your help pictures welcome!!!

That is asking to compare apples to oranges. Paradise is a bustling beach with water toys and lots of people. Palancar is much quieter and laid back. Yes, it is free to get in, but if you expect to sit on the loungers or at the tables you are expected to buy food and drink.

We did Paradise once - never again. If going a la carte we like Palancar. For AI we prefer Mr. Sanchos. The taxi fare to Palancar is probably about 6 or 7 dollars more each way because it is pretty far down south.

• 2 weeks later...

I've never encountered rudeness at Paradise, and I've been there many times.

You do have to buy a wristband ($2?) to use the chairs, and another ($12?) to use the watertoys. But that is good, since only the people who actually use them are paying for them.

I've never encountered rudeness at Paradise, and I've been there many times.

You do have to buy a wristband ($2?) to use the chairs, and another ($12?) to use the watertoys. But that is good, since only the people who actually use them are paying for them.

so the charge 2 dollars for the chairs and use of facilities... I heard that there is a required amount that your need to spend, in drinks and food is that true?

how lon ago did you go?

thanks for the info

I've been to both Paradise Beach and Palancar, and honestly if you don't have children Palancar is the much better beach in my opinion. The snorkeling is okay and the beach is much prettier. Paradise Beach is more touristy-feeling to me. We're probably going to go to Palancar again when we visit there in October on the Star.

Went to Palancar a year and a half ago. We arrived early (9:30AM) and there were only a handful of people there. Very quiet, very relaxing, very perfect for an enjoyable beach day. They had a outfit right there on the beach that would boat you out to the reef for snorkeling. My daughters loved it! Minimum food and drink order did not seem an issue(if there even was one), as we ordered lunch and something to drink when we got back from snorkeling. I am sure they would not want people just coming and using their chairs, tables and loungers without at least ordering something from them.

Archived