Rhythm of the Night Puerta Vallarta ?s

Hi I couldn't remember if I had already posted this Thread or not. I checked all the way back and could not find it. We are sailing Carnival Splendor Aug 28th to the Mexican Riviera and have booked Rhythms of the Night in Puerta Vallerta. The activity level for this Excursion says it's EASY. In the notes it says there's walking on sandy or uneven ground. I use a wheelchair for distance walking and have some problems on uneven ground or sand. I was trying to find out how long the walk is and how uneven the ground from someone who has done this Excursion. I would appreciate any help. Thank you.

Rhonda

Okay let's try this again. There has to be someone on CC with Special Needs who has done the Rhythm of the Nights Excursion. I'm just trying to get an idea of how long and difficult the walk might be. I appreciate any help you can give. Thank You.

Rhonda

You probably haven't gotten an answer because none of the regulars who post here have done the tour. From what I read on the cruise website, it sounds to me that it would be difficult for someone in a wheelchair. Sand and rough pavement doesn't usually jive with wheelchairs.

One thing to remember about how they rank the difficulty of tours. They are ranked by able bodied people who have no idea what it's like to be disabled.

I suggest you post these questions on RCI's board. They might have some useful info for you.

You probably haven't gotten an answer because none of the regulars who post here have done the tour. From what I read on the cruise website, it sounds to me that it would be difficult for someone in a wheelchair. Sand and rough pavement doesn't usually jive with wheelchairs.

One thing to remember about how they rank the difficulty of tours. They are ranked by able bodied people who have no idea what it's like to be disabled.

I suggest you post these questions on RCI's board. They might have some useful info for you.

Thank you very much for your suggestion, I appreciate your help. The Cruise line we are traveling is Carnival. Does RCI offer this Excurson also? I'm not sure I understand why I should post on RCI?

Rhonda

• 3 weeks later...

We did this excursion a couple of years ago. I'm a polio survivor who uses a scooter for distance, and boy did I miss it on this excursion. Although my cane helps with stability, it was still tricky maneuvering on the uneven ground--AND in the dark! There's a lot of walking for someone with mobility challenges.

The activity level is indeed easy for people who are blessed to not have to think about walking. For us. . . not so much.

Okay let's try this again. There has to be someone on CC with Special Needs who has done the Rhythm of the Nights Excursion. I'm just trying to get an idea of how long and difficult the walk might be. I appreciate any help you can give. Thank You.

Rhonda

I had asked about my DH using his electric scooter to get around the city and was told, no way, no how, the streets were not meant for a scooter. I know his walker will not handle being in the sand, nor would his scooter.

Hope you get the correct answer.

We did this excursion a couple of years ago. I'm a polio survivor who uses a scooter for distance, and boy did I miss it on this excursion. Although my cane helps with stability, it was still tricky maneuvering on the uneven ground--AND in the dark! There's a lot of walking for someone with mobility challenges.

The activity level is indeed easy for people who are blessed to not have to think about walking. For us. . . not so much.

Could you use your scooter in downtown? Was told the sidewalks and streets were not scooter friendly?

Archived