Upgrade fairy, I love you!

Hroswitha

About 8 weeks ago, my husband and I booked a balcony guarantee on the Golden's Jan. 18 RT to Hawaii from Los Angeles. We expected to wind up in a BF or BE--maybe BC if we got really lucky--and were prepared to be fully satisfied with any of those.

But today we were assigned a BA: cabin C609. We are so very pleased! On our previous four cruises (two on Princess), we've never scored an upgrade of any kind whatsoever, so we were not expecting this at all!

What do you more-experienced cruisers think: Should I rejoice and mark this "no further upgrade," or should I rejoice and keep my fingers crossed that we might get something even better?

Either way, Upgrade Fairy, I LOVE you!

On our Alaska cruise in July, sat with a couple at lunch that were taking their first cruise ever and it had been a big decision for them to do so. They had booked a balcony cabin and were told they had been moved when they checked in. They then preceded to try to find their cabin but couldn't find it. There was no number. They had to ask someone and boy were they surprised to find out they had the nicest room on the whole ship complete with the separate bedroom, dinner available in their room and a huge balcony. They of course now want to cruise more! I was so happy that happened to a first time cruiser. We have been on numerous Princess cruises and the upgrade fairy has never struck! Maybe one day.....

You can once your cabin is assigned. Been there - done that!;)

Where can you do it online? We booked an outside cabin with just a port hole and we got upgrade to a CC on the Lido. I'd like to see if we can get a further upgrade..Where can you change it on the website

Exact same story here! We just got our cabin assigned from Guarantee to C601, on the Golden return to Hawaii February 1st.

We Love Princess and thank them very much. Be assured we will enjoy the Caribe balcony for all 8 sea days!

Enjoy your cruise and congratulations!

Where can you do it online? We booked an outside cabin with just a port hole and we got upgrade to a CC on the Lido. I'd like to see if we can get a further upgrade..Where can you change it on the website

You can only choose the online "no upgrade" option if you book directly with Princess via their website when you first book your cruise. If you want "no upgrade" after that you must contact Princess or your TA to make the change to "no upgrade".

If you are booking a category guarantee, of course you do not have the option of choosing "no upgrade" when you book. Only after getting an assigned cabin can you choose "no upgrade", again by contacting Princess or your TA. Hope that makes sense.

We have yet to encounter the elusive Upgrade Fairy :(:(

However, we were once lucky enough to meet her lesser known sister, the Reduced Rate Fairy. She's pretty good too!! ;);)

Archived