Hair dryers and mini fridge on the Spirit?

lornalu

only suites have fridges. you can request one, before the cruise. sometimes the room stewards can find one. families and ppl who need them for meds get them 1st.

yes on the hair dryer, though many don't like the ones they have.

only suites have fridges. you can request one, before the cruise. sometimes the room stewards can find one. families and ppl who need them for meds get them 1st.

yes on the hair dryer, though many don't like the ones they have.

Thank you very much for your reply!!!

I believe the Spirit is the only NCL ship without the refridge. We took a small cooler in which to keep our drinks. The room attendant put ice in it twice a day for us. Worked fine and actually was colder than the minis usually are.

We even had a mini fridge and hairdryer in an inside cabin on the Majesty, which was NCL's oldest ship at the time. I am surprised to learn that the Spirit doesn't have mini fridges in all the cabins. More recently, the Gem and the Dawn both had mini fridges and very good hairdryers in their cabins.

Remember that the Spirit is going into drydock late September. I would hope that changing the old tube TV's to flat screens, and adding in-room refrig. would be on the list of to-do's!

Our cruise is October 9th, the first after drydock, so I will be sure to post a review!

We even had a mini fridge and hairdryer in an inside cabin on the Majesty, which was NCL's oldest ship at the time..

Well, this is a key. It was built for NCL.

Spirit was not built for NCL. It used to be Superstar Leo? which belonged to Asian markets and transferred to NCL after another ship sunk in dock.

The Spirit hairdryer is more like a reverse vacuum hose. You can't really bring your own hairdryer because it will cause a power failure in your cabin and other surrounding cabins.

Why? You just have to use proper power outlet. I have never heard about power failures caused by hairdryers, hair irons etc.

Remember that the Spirit is going into drydock late September. I would hope that changing the old tube TV's to flat screens, and adding in-room refrig. would be on the list of to-do's!

Our cruise is October 9th, the first after drydock, so I will be sure to post a review!

Thank you I look forward to your comments!

We didn't have a fridge on the Spirit but they kept the ice bucket nice and full. Surprisingly, we found that worked well enough for what we needed.

The blow dryer is on the weaker side, but I have long hair and it may have taken me a couple minutes longer than usual, but no big deal.

Well, this is a key. It was built for NCL.

Spirit was not built for NCL. It used to be Superstar Leo? which belonged to Asian markets and transferred to NCL after another ship sunk in dock.

This is not key as the Majesty was not originally built for NCL. In fact, they even cut the ship in half and added additional footage to the ship in order to help maintain the freestyle concept. Therefore, your statement is incorrect. You can google this information if you feel that I am incorrect.

This is not key as the Majesty was not originally built for NCL. In fact, they even cut the ship in half and added additional footage to the ship in order to help maintain the freestyle concept. Therefore, your statement is incorrect. You can google this information if you feel that I am incorrect.

I know this info, but they had a time to rebuilt Majesty, with Spirit it was almost an emergency.

The hairdryer is weird! I went on the Dawn and also RCL Explorer of the Seas and the hairdryers look so normal. I hope the Gem has one that looks normal also. The spirit was my first cruise and will always be very special in my heart~~nine days of smooth and sunny weather~~my first cruise and I got hooked on them ever since!:)

Why? You just have to use proper power outlet. I have never heard about power failures caused by hairdryers, hair irons etc.

As long as you use a 220V hairdryer or other high wattage appliance in the european style outlet you shouldn't have a problem.

However, if you use a standard U.S. 110V high wattage appliance you WILL overload the electrical system for your room and others. There is a warning label above the 110V outlet stateing that no hairdryers should be used.

I'm sure this had something to do with the Spirit originally being built for the Asian market I imagine that the 110V outlet was added as best as they could as a convieniece for the new market.

Tatka, I see you cruised on the Spirit in '08...did you bring a hair dryer and use it with an adapter with no problems?

Tatka, I see you cruised on the Spirit in '08...did you bring a hair dryer and use it with an adapter with no problems?

No, I didn't, sorry, can't help. I did have it on different ships with no problem. I was not aware of differences between Spirit and other ships.:o

Archived