Help! Travel Skirts?

Twibbs

I like to look at the ovestocks section of Landsend.com. They have classic styles that will last for years. I can always make them more stylish with trendy tops. I have a lot of clothes from them.:D

Have Fun

Donna

Not sure if you're looking for something casual but if you are, consider the skirts that are all the rage with us runners. Just google running skirts or running skorts and you'll find all kinds of super cute skirts with the advantage of being super comfy (more so than most shorts), easy to wash out in the sink and hang to dry in your bathroom or balcony while on the ship, and super cute. It's a new thing that takes a while to get used to but once you try them, you'll be hooked. Even featured them in a recent Runner's World magazine -- on the cover. Check 'em out. They're super fun!!! :)

I made it to a Bass Pro this weekend and picked up a cute Columbia skort. If the one that's in the mail works, I should be set. My mother is now threatening to borrow them for her cruises, though!

I may still get a Macabi, though.

The Macabis are not cheap. And they're not short & cute. I do prefer short & fitted when I know I'm going to be standing most of the time, but if I expect to be sitting, climbing, etc, then I'm more comfy with longer & fuller. It's just a matter of finding what works for each of us!

Twibbs, Have you started sewing your SCA garb? I have to confess that the new garb I'm making my DD isn't historically accurate, tho it's gorgeous. You might say it's "inspired by" the Tudor period. :) (To give my DD credit, she wore the authentic 15th century Venetian garb I made her for 24 years before asking for a new outfit.)

The Macabis are not cheap. And they're not short & cute. I do prefer short & fitted when I know I'm going to be standing most of the time, but if I expect to be sitting, climbing, etc, then I'm more comfy with longer & fuller. It's just a matter of finding what works for each of us!

Twibbs, Have you started sewing your SCA garb? I have to confess that the new garb I'm making my DD isn't historically accurate, tho it's gorgeous. You might say it's "inspired by" the Tudor period. :) (To give my DD credit, she wore the authentic 15th century Venetian garb I made her for 24 years before asking for a new outfit.)

I know the Macabis aren't short and cute. My every day skirts range between knee-length and floor-length...without much in between. I figure a variety is a good thing. :)

As for SCA garb....hahahahah. We'd have to clean the apartment and get the sewing machine out. I do mostly basic stuff, like T-tunics. Wait, what do you mean Gothic War is on Labor Day weekend less than a month away? AAAAAAAAAAaaaaaAHHHHH!

Oh! By the way, if you're looking at Columbia's skirts, the one that's named "Get S'more" isn't talking about the graham cracker chocolately marshmallowy goodness. By the length, it's apparently for those interested in getting some more of a little sump'n sump'n. Or at least it was almost obscenely short on me!

I know the Macabis aren't short and cute. My every day skirts range between knee-length and floor-length...without much in between. I figure a variety is a good thing. :)

As for SCA garb....hahahahah. We'd have to clean the apartment and get the sewing machine out. I do mostly basic stuff, like T-tunics. Wait, what do you mean Gothic War is on Labor Day weekend less than a month away? AAAAAAAAAAaaaaaAHHHHH!

You know --speaking strictly from a fashion standpoint-- I'm starting to see in-between length skirts featured more & more lately. What we used to call "midi" back in the day (there was the short "mini", the long "maxi" and the mid-calf length "midi"). So you're right about variety!

I also have mostly knee-length or long skirts in my wardrobe. Or in the case of garb, VERY long skirts. Gothic War sounds very cool & fun! Does your family engage in combat? We don't have time right now to belong to SCA. But we always attend Ren Faire in garb. I think it adds a lot to our enjoyment of the experience. Everyone is very welcoming & forgiving of our historical inaccuracies!

You know --speaking strictly from a fashion standpoint-- I'm starting to see in-between length skirts featured more & more lately. What we used to call "midi" back in the day (there was the short "mini", the long "maxi" and the mid-calf length "midi"). So you're right about variety!

I also have mostly knee-length or long skirts in my wardrobe. Or in the case of garb, VERY long skirts. Gothic War sounds very cool & fun! Does your family engage in combat? We don't have time right now to belong to SCA. But we always attend Ren Faire in garb. I think it adds a lot to our enjoyment of the experience. Everyone is very welcoming & forgiving of our historical inaccuracies!

I quit combat after getting a concussion and being told I was overexaggerating. I figure if the guy who was training people was telling me that, I didn't want to train under him. Haven't had a chance to get DF in armor yet. I may have been suckered into running the A&S competition, I should probably check into that...

I quit combat after getting a concussion and being told I was overexaggerating. I figure if the guy who was training people was telling me that, I didn't want to train under him. Haven't had a chance to get DF in armor yet. I may have been suckered into running the A&S competition, I should probably check into that...

That's terrible! I don't blame you for quitting!

Good luck with the A&S competition -- hope it doesn't give you as big a headache as combat did!

Archived