Tell me all about the Dream!!!!

Avril

I'm sailing on the Dream for New Years (I can hardly wait)!!!! :D I'd like to know everything possible about the ship!! :D Who knows all about the Dream? I'd like to hear about the interior of the ship, the different restaurants/bars/clubs, Lido Deck, Lazor Show (where's the best place to sit to watch it?), ok, I guess just tell me everything you can about the Dream!! :D We're in a Cove Balcony (2393) does anyone know anything about the Cove Balconies? Any pics of these cabins and/or the ship in general? I've seen the ship once in port and she's beautiful (at least, from the outside)!! :D Does anyone have the Fun Times/Carnival Capers from the 7 Day Eastern itinerary (Nassau, St. Thomas, St. Maarten, with 3 sea days)? Where are the smoking areas onboard (other than your balcony)? Can you smoke on the balcony of one of the Cove Staterooms? What did/didn't you like about the ship and why? What shows/bars/lounges/other entertainment did/didn't you like and why?

Thanks so much!!!! :D

154 DAYS TO GO!!!! :D

We loved the Dream. We werealso in a cove balcony. It was really cool being so close to the water. But some of the coves have noise problems from the deck above so be careful which cove you book.

We're in 2393. :D I think it's under the Galley inbetween the 2 Dining Rooms. I figure that it'll be ok since late seating is over by 10:30 at the latest so it should be quiet after that. What do you think? Do you all think I have anything to worry about?

I can't wait to be so close to the water especially when the ship is at sea!!!! :D

Were on the same cruise. We have an aft balcony. I have heard that the hammocks are wonderful to lay on. Just gotta get them early lol

What hammocks? Sounds great!!!! :D :D

We're in 2393. :D I think it's under the Galley inbetween the 2 Dining Rooms. I figure that it'll be ok since late seating is over by 10:30 at the latest so it should be quiet after that. What do you think? Do you all think I have anything to worry about?

I can't wait to be so close to the water especially when the ship is at sea!!!!

But they took this one down after the first day. Never saw it again and replaced it with chairs.. We didn't even have rough sea days in my opinion.

101_8243.jpg.8e8890262d0d64f0232997d2c004d71e.jpg

We're in a Cove Balcony (2393) does anyone know anything about the Cove Balconies?

LOVED our cove balcony from a few weeks ago. It was a great location and so close to the water. We slept with the door slightly opened every night so we could hear the sound of the ocean. Never had any problem with our room - we were in 2326. Didn't hear any noises from above. The only noise we did hear was our next door neighbors shutting their door loudly or not holding it so it shut gently. Other than that the location was great. We had 4 in the cabin too, me, DH and kids ages 13 & 15. Lots of space for our clothes etc. Here are a few photos.. hope they post OK ...

I also have a ton of photos of the ship, ports etc and will try to post in the next day or two.. I have all the Fun Times too but don't think I have access to a scanner...

101_8257.jpg.37a3aaa2c7845ffc325d5431057745c6.jpg

101_8258.jpg.8d4c00e3b53e5399fcede28c7828b938.jpg

101_8291.jpg.1d3697215eba334ce1621182525b5395.jpg

101_9074.jpg.eeab37e5dfe76b93420053c2a6cb744c.jpg

I did the Western Carib. on the Dream last year and my review is in my sig. It has a lot of info on the ship as well as the ports :) We really liked the ship and ours was a holiday sailing as well (Halloween) so the nightspots (salsa in the Song, the disco, the piano bar) should all be hopping on one night or another. We really enjoyed the piano bar :)

I can't wait to be so close to the water especially when the ship is at sea!!!! :D

There are two hammocks in the Serenity area. If you are right under the galley depending where you may have noises all night with the dishwasher and prep going on. We chose 2349 so we would be under the front of the dining room and we didn't hear a peep as it was carpeted.

PS yes you can smoke on all but spa balconies so the coves you can.

Edited by scchasgal

Just wanted to say that I sailed the Dream twice and absolutely love the ship! I would sail her again if she was doing different Porte that we haven't already visited. Eastern Carribean was definitely our favorite route on board the Dream. The water slides are fantastic, and fun for all ages. My brother and my mom both had cove balcony cabins, and loved them! Great views and very neat being just 30 feet above the water line. You'll love the cabin, very spacious cabin itself. Food.. Well, there is lots of it. Many, many dining options, especially for lunch. For breakfast you have two buffets (one mid ship and one aft), two omlette stations (one mid ship & one aft), main dining room breakfast and of course, 24/7 complimentary room service. For lunch.. You have 2 buffets (one mid ship & one aft), Mongolian Wok (made to order stir fry), Burrito Bar, Pasta Bar, Tandoori (Indian food), Deli, Grill, pizza (24 hours), room service (24 hours), main dining room (sea days only), lanai BBQ (sea days only). For dinner, you have the main dining room or buffet. So as you can see you, you won't be going hungry on board!! Plus there is 24/7 ice cream. Best chocolate cake can be ordered thru room service. For $30 per person, you can make reservations at the Chef's Art steakhouse, great experience and great food. If you like wine, be sure to check out the three wine packages offered on board. Great music can be found nightly at Ocean Plaza.. Great place for some sushi at the Wasabi Bar (5 PM - 8:30 PM) and a drink! Comedy club is excellent.. They offer family shows and adult shows, both get full very fast so arrive ahead of time. Theater shows are great; don't miss Dancing In The Streets or the Fun Force dance team - very entertaining. You can enjoy movies nightly on Lido Deck under the stars on the big jumbotron. Blankets are offered and popcorn is available for purchase - or you can grab free ice cream & pizza! ;) Let's see, what else.. Spa packages are available where you get access to steam rooms and thermospa hot tub pool. Speaking of hot tubs, plenty are on board. I found the ones on Deck 5 & 11 to be pretty empty most of the time. Deck 11 always had plenty of lounge chairs on sea days as well.

The ports are fantastic. I went to Blue Lagoon in Nassau - great place, quiet and excellent place for beach bums. I went to Megan's Bay Beach in St Thomas - another great beach, very beautiful. And I went to Orient Beach in St Maarten - our favorite of the whole trip!

Hope this is helpful.

Here is a review that I'm still slowly working on...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1445157

There are two hammocks in the Serenity area. If you are right under the galley depending where you may have noises all night with the dishwasher and prep going on. We chose 2349 so we would be under the front of the dining room and we didn't hear a peep as it was carpeted.

PS yes you can smoke on all but spa balconies so the coves you can.

Sschasgal: that's the cabin i'll be in on my trip:D I am soooooooooo looking forward to it.

Thanks everyone!!!! :D Keep the info comin!! I'd love to see some ship (both inside and out) and cove balcony (if you've got em) pics as well!! :D If anyone has the Eastern itinerary Fun Times, that'd be great too!!!! :D

Does anyone know if it's noisey at night (and for how long during the night) under the galley that's inbetween the 2 main dining rooms? That's where our Cove Balcony is (2393) and I'm wondering if I made a mistake booking that cabin and if I should call Carnival (the cruise was booked through their website) and try to change our cabin to a different Cove Balcony.

OMG, I'm sooooooooooooooooo excited for this cruise, :D it seems like it's forever away!!!! :( It'll probably feel like it's gonna take forever to get here as well, haha!!!! :eek:

Thanks everyone!!!! :D Keep the info comin!! I'd love to see some ship (both inside and out) and cove balcony (if you've got em) pics as well!! :D If anyone has the Eastern itinerary Fun Times, that'd be great too!!!! :D

Does anyone know if it's noisey at night (and for how long during the night) under the galley that's inbetween the 2 main dining rooms? That's where our Cove Balcony is (2393) and I'm wondering if I made a mistake booking that cabin and if I should call Carnival (the cruise was booked through their website) and try to change our cabin to a different Cove Balcony.

OMG, I'm sooooooooooooooooo excited for this cruise, :D it seems like it's forever away!!!! :( It'll probably feel like it's gonna take forever to get here as well, haha!!!! :eek:

I can't tell you for sure if it will be noisy in your cabin at night. I have read where people have been under the galley and never heard anything and others who have heard loud bangs. I imagine that there are workers in the galley getting things ready in the middle of the night. When I was on a tour of the galley in the morning they were already getting things ready for the evening meal. They do serve breakfast in the aft dining room in the morning so food is probably being prepared in the early morning hours (like 3 or 4 am). For this reason alone we decided not to book under the galley but booked a cove under the middle dining room. Dinner is done by 10:30-11pm and breakfast is not served there. Plus the Dining Room is carpeted.

Sharon

We sailed july 16 eastern carr. we had a cove balcony and loved it! we were in 2330 and 2334. under the galley and never once heard anything. there are 6 of us and didnt have enough space to put all the clothes we had 4 kids in one room and dh and I in the other these rooms connect. the comedy club is great but do go early or you wont find a seat. the adult show is really not ok for kids. the food on this ship is great! i have to tell you none of the hammocks were up the whole time we were on the ship.

the steak house if great! just a warning i didnt get the cheese cake in the steak house is citrus cheese cake and I did not like it. also the chocolate sampler is topped with whatever icecream they have going on that day. i love chocolate but i didnt like it cause of the nasty ice creams on it...there was a mango sorbet that was just nasty. so you might want to listen when they list the ice creams I didnt know they did this no one has mentioned it on here!! we did the blue lagoon it was great in nassau. meagans bay was ok but not something i would do again....no chairs no shade not even that pretty up close contrary to what the photos look like from a distance it looks great! we did the kayak in st maarten it was a blast we loved it. would have prefered to do orient beach but not with my boys. must warn you about the "free" photo shoot..the photographer will follow you around and take pics and call you in the see them they are in a great little book and of course you want them it starts at 499. and thats not the book its 10 pics. the book is 1000. and the packages go from there im not spending that much on pics but killed me to leave it! well must say loved the cruise but wouldnt do this ship again I didnt like the layout of it some places you have to go up and over and around to get where you want to go that is technically right in front of you. the lines and people werent bad the kids were going crazy and im not talking about my own. i hope this helps. no one ever mentions the aggraviting things to warn you about I wish someone would have when i was asking so i would have been prepared! not anything big but still nice to know. if you any other questions im an open book. have fun

LOVED our cove balcony from a few weeks ago. It was a great location and so close to the water. We slept with the door slightly opened every night so we could hear the sound of the ocean. Never had any problem with our room - we were in 2326. Didn't hear any noises from above. The only noise we did hear was our next door neighbors shutting their door loudly or not holding it so it shut gently. Other than that the location was great. We had 4 in the cabin too, me, DH and kids ages 13 & 15. Lots of space for our clothes etc. Here are a few photos.. hope they post OK ...

I also have a ton of photos of the ship, ports etc and will try to post in the next day or two.. I have all the Fun Times too but don't think I have access to a scanner...

HI DISNEY!!!!!!!! i did not see you at all on ship,where did you guys go , if you called my cabin,i tried to call back but it did not work, i missed all of you.:cool::cool:

You are sooooo gonna LOVE the Dream! I could go on and on.

How about Breakfast on the Cove Balcony? It was wonderful:D

2750184170105995419S600x600Q85.jpg

I apologize for the sidetrack, but it looks like you have the cove balcony dividers open between 2 cabins...We have 2 adjoining coves in Oct. but were told it is highly unlikely the balcony divider could be opened. Which 2 cabins did you have? We are in 2392 and 2396. THANKS! :-)

Thanks for the pics and info! We are going to be in the same cabin (2326) in less than two weeks and I was worried about noise from the galley. It was also nice to be able to show the family pictures of our EXACT cabin...neat!

Thanks for the pics and info! We are going to be in the same cabin (2326) in less than two weeks and I was worried about noise from the galley. It was also nice to be able to show the family pictures of our EXACT cabin...neat!

That is to funny. I wonder if you will have the same room steward. Ours was Ricardo, though we rarely saw him. The room was always cleaned with fresh ice 2x each day and fun towel animals... Let me know if you have any other questions.. I do have a few other photos of the room, including the bathroom, if you would like to see them.. We LOVED our cruise.

• 2 years later...

We just sailed the Dream two weeks ago and our friends had a cove I think it was 2285. They never complained of any noise and they loved being close to the water even though we never saw an sea life. I don't think the dividers can be opened as they looked pretty solid to me and I think they close them all up if you get heavy seas.

We were on the spa deck #12 and spent every day at the Serenity adults only area. We lucked out and got one of the two hammocks five of our seven days. But there are plenty of nice quite comfortable places to sit if you get up there before 10:00.

I believe you can also smoke on the Lido or maybe Lani deck some where. There was a small club area on deck 4 just behind the photo shop that was suppose to be a cigar bar. We went in there and it was a nice quite area with plenty of nice seating. It looked like at one time it might have been a cigar bar with scotch and whiskey, but there was never anybody in there and no sign of cigars or booze for sale.

We sailed the Dream a little under a year ago and I had mixed feelings at the end. There is a ton to do on the boat and you will undoubtedly have a great time, but your enjoyment may hinge on your willingness to put up with crowds and lines. We had a May sailing and the boat was at capacity, so that surely affected the crowded feeling on the lido deck. My suggestion would be to try and alter your lunch plans to before 11:30 or after 1:00 to avoid longer lines around peak lunch time (not a bad idea on ANY ship really), and to get to the serenity or lido as early as possible if you want a good seat. Also, plan on hunting for a hot tub. They get full really fast, BUT there are tons of them on multiple decks throughout the boat. We had a good time and the staff was very nice, but we have since steered towards smaller ships due solely to personal preference. Just remember not to get overwhelmed by the lines and adjusting your schedule to avoid them can make for a more enjoyable trip!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app