Freedom of the Seas or Allure of the Seas????

We are first time cruisers with an 11 month old baby girl and are trying to decide between a cruise on Freedom of the Seas or Allure of the Seas. We are concerned about wait times for meals and activities for our baby girl.....

As far as I know, except for baby sitting, there are no organized activities for an 11 month old.

I would hardly call baby sitting an "organized activity", and you are not correct about no activities.

There is a program called Royal Babies, and they have classes every day. I think there is one class/day on port days and two classes/day on sea days. They are, essentially, a "parent and me" class with a bunch of Fisher Price toys and led by one of the Adventure Ocean staff members. This is available on all ships. On Oasis and Allure, there is also a baby play room that is stocked with toys for you to use; I'm not sure if this is on Freedom or not. There is a Baby Splash Zone on both ships, so your daughter can splash around in the water. Allure has a carousel (not sure if your daughter is ready for this or not), but Freedom does not. Both ships have an ice skating show (my son enjoyed this at a year old), and a puppet show, and Allure also has a diving show she might enjoy. I really don't think you could go wrong with either ship. I would say that if your daughter likes to ride carousels, then Allure would be the choice.

You should probably hop on over to the Family Cruises board rather than posting here. The people are more kid-friendly over there :-)

Archived